Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry , but they are joined at the hip.
I will refrain from pointing out that obvious connection in the future

Bill ... just to be clear, you have posted some very good info and I am not trying to shut you down. I am just suggesting that when you make a good post that ends with a political bent, it becomes political.

Trust me I am biting my tongue on what is happening ... go review some of my previous posts and you will see I am less than diplomatic in my views.

I agree it is connected, I just don't want to lose one of the few places we can discuss what is going on without worry of suppression.

Peace!

All good.i get it 100%.

Since my wife is Australian, we follow the situation there closely.

They imposed some draconian measures, but as of recently didn't have a single domestic COVID case in two weeks, and spectators at the Australian open were seated side-by-side in full stadiums without masks.

I get that Australia is an island. It's also a continent, and Sydney is one of the busiest cities in the world.

I find their experience interesting. Maybe their government is more benevolent than ours, but the rights that they took away were restored as soon as the milestone they set was achieved. And IMHO results matter.

Then yesterday I heard that a single case in Western Australia sent five million folks into a five-day lockdown. That's crazy responsive. I don't think we could achieve that here. But five-days is a heck of a lot better than the slow, lingering maybe yes maybe no shutdown slowdown lockdown crap that we've seen here.

Anyway, different countries, different strategies, different outcomes. It's something to consider.

Bill ... just to be clear, you have posted some very good info and I am not trying to shut you down. I am just suggesting that when you make a good post that ends with a political bent, it becomes political.

Trust me I am biting my tongue on what is happening ... go review some of my previous posts and you will see I am less than diplomatic in my views.

I agree it is connected, I just don't want to lose one of the few places we can discuss what is going on without worry of suppression.

Peace!
If you want to stop people from bringing politics into the discussion, isn’t that suppression?

Freedom of speech is being killed in this country with cancel culture, social media banning etc. Don’t be part of the problem.

I understand that causation does not equal correlation...So, we can all throw out some thoughts on this subject :)

1) Vitamin D deficiencies.
2) Historically, we quarantine the sick...not the healthy.
3) Unknown genetic susceptibility for those who this had really hit hard.

If you want to stop people from bringing politics into the discussion, isn’t that suppression?

Freedom of speech is being killed in this country with cancel culture, social media banning etc. Don’t be part of the problem.

Not my bar, I don't make the rules. I just want it to stay open so we can engage in the conversation.

To your point, you are telling me I cannot have an opinion and share it ... suppression is when only one view is allowed in a conversation.

Tree spud is right. This is a privately owned site. Free speech does not apply here. While i may not agree with the stance if i want to remain on the site i must comply with what they want. Like wearing a mask in a private business. If its what they require to come in then either i wear one or i dont go in. Don't agree with it but its not my business. In public on the other hand is different.

This guy is a hoot! "Don't wear a mask, wear a mask, wear two masks, there's no evidence it does any good at all, wearing multiple masks has to be good."

I think if we ignore everything he says for one year, we can smooth out his mood swings and split personalities.

I cannot wait until these guys start issuing protocols for anal swabbing.

I loved the "Does anyone wear 2 condoms?" In the middle of the article.
Typical Fauchi. Shillin for the highest bidder.

Its official. Wis legislators finally got off their asses and put an end to this illegal and useless mask mandate. Now hopefully the businesses will loosen up. Not hopeful for the schools unfortunately.
Now all we have to do is survive what the news is reporting as the storm of the century.... might get 4 inches today!!!wheres the tp.?

Fortunately, Governor Evers issued another mandate. This really shouldn't be political- governors of both parties have issued mask mandates across the country. While the details of how to make masks more effective are subject to change as we get more knowledge, there is NO doubt but that masks help. Not perfect but they help- mostly to protect others, but also to protect ourselves. We need to use all tools in the toolbox so we can get kids in school and businesses open.

The science that everyone says we should follow says different. If they did how come numbers went up drastically after the mandates? The masks do absolutely nothing except make you breath back in your own damp exhale which is not good for you.
Political nope, not saying it is. Fact is what Evers did for the last 200 + days is completely and totally illegal. Emergency orders are good for 60 days, after that its up to legislators, he by passed that repeatedly. Unconstitutional. Illegal

And the other order was promptly shot down.
Fact is you have no right to tell me i have to wear a mask any more than I have the right to tell you not to. If it makes you feel better then by all means wear it.
I side with science and common sense that says if a t shirt over my face protected me from anything we would have been wearing such a long time ago.
Its all about virtue signaling, nothing more.
Schools and businesses should open, should have been open, should never have been forced to close. Period.

Fact is you have no right to tell me i have to wear a mask any more than I have the right to tell you not to. If it makes you feel better then by all means wear it.
I side with science and common sense that says if a t shirt over my face protected me from anything we would have been wearing such a long time ago.
Schools and businesses should open, should have been open, should never have been forced to close. Period.

There is a time when citizens need to defy Gov't, that's why this country was founded.

I have stopped wearing the mask in certain stores, etc. When I am at check-out, I constantly take it off to talk making sure they understand I can't understand them.

Would rather go down defyin, than die not trying ...

amen to that brother.
I do wear it wear they demand it. As private business that is their right also. If i can i dont frequent those places, if i can.
The hypocrisy in all of this is just maddening when the people telling us we have to wear them repeatedly get caught without them and then shroug it off like they are so far above us commoners. Makes me.sick.

Fortunately, Governor Evers issued another mandate. This really shouldn't be political- governors of both parties have issued mask mandates across the country. While the details of how to make masks more effective are subject to change as we get more knowledge, there is NO doubt but that masks help. Not perfect but they help- mostly to protect others, but also to protect ourselves. We need to use all tools in the toolbox so we can get kids in school and businesses open.
You still on board with unconditional obedience once this gets here? TSA will have new and better tools to keep us safe.

#ButtStuff

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill, as usual I have no idea where you get your facts - if you support the science, then you know that masks, when worn properly, reduce transmission rate, viral load, and infectivity. Overall, they slow the spread of the disease. The studies are numerous and convincing. Surgeons, nurses, and interns all wear masks in the operating room for a reason.

It's the same as washing your hands. Not perfect, but better than nothing. I truly don't get it. Why is this such a thing? Both science and common sense support wearing masks, and simply respect says that you don one when you're around somebody who's concerned about the virus.

Just because a bandana or tee shirt pulled up is useless but legal some places doesn't mean that all masks are useless.

And wearing a mask doesn't make you a sheep, or weak, or the government's lapdog. Honestly.

Okay, that's two minutes of my life I will never get back lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.