Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, for cricket's sake, you got me to reply. Do not engage. Repeat, do not engage. It only encourages them...
I know, it's ridiculous.

When will it be safe to take off the masks? What metric are we trying to hit so restaurants can resume full service, the kids could return to school, or nursing home residents could hug a loved one again?

Questions that always go unasked :(

Questions that always go unasked :(
I am in SC Kansas,today we surpassed 1000 deaths.Everyone that doubts it should go on a ride along with the FD or EMS service and see what it's like to deal with it.Being volunteer is worse yet.One of my EMTs got 14 days for treating a positive pt while in full PPE,normally that wouldn't be considered an exposure.

I am in SC Kansas,today we surpassed 1000 deaths.Everyone that doubts it should go on a ride along with the FD or EMS service and see what it's like to deal with it.Being volunteer is worse yet.One of my EMTs got 14 days for treating a positive pt while in full PPE,normally that wouldn't be considered an exposure.
Are you suggesting that masks and PPE in general don't work?!?

I believe the order of operations for a vaccine rollout involves healthcare workers and first responders first in line. Then the elderly.

Man who was over 3,000% off on death projections from deadly global coronavirus pandemic continues to use numbers proven faulty countless times to project, with absolute clarity, that virus will subside in 2022 while citing no specific means of such a miracle happening.

He stated: “Australia is one of the countries that has done quite well. New Zealand has done well. I would like to say the same for the U.S., but the numbers speak for themselves. We’ve had 8.7 million infections, 225,000 deaths, and we are getting worse and worse.”

CONTENT WARNING FROM SD51555: Dr. Faucci has been fact checked and his numbers on covid infections are wildly overstated. Covid infection numbers have not been adjusted for double counted tests, faulty entry errors, "probable" (never tested) infections due to proximity that counted as many as 16 additional positives per 1 actual positive, labs that reported all tests as positives, and other works of pure fiction.

CONTENT WARNING FROM SD51555: Dr. Faucci has been fact checked and his statement on the number of deaths are wildly overstated. The number of deaths due to the deadly global coronavirus pandemic is less than 96,000. Of that 96,000, 94% of those that perished were older than the average lifespan of americans and had 2.6 comorbidities that contributed to their death, beyond their advanced age. The number of healthy people not older than the dirt they stood on is less than 6,000 people. Of those in that number, many were assigned covid as a cause of death, despite other obvious complications from things like being hit by a bus, overdosing, murder, and having dirt on Hillary Clinton.

Nations top government scientist, also not good at math.

Man, and sister, in 2nd highest (millennials #1) at-risk category for the deadly global coronavirus pandemic with multiple co-morbidities that has been urging Americans to vote by mail...

...Votes in person.

CONTENT WARNING FROM SD51555: It is too dangerous for anyone to do anything. Be a hero. Stay home. Stay safe. #AloneTogether

Are you suggesting that masks and PPE in general don't work?!?
No not at all,I believe they work and when you have them on and used properly it shouldn't be counted as an exposure,therefore they shouldn't be required to be off work for 14 days.

and when you have them on and used properly
Use properly, there’s a key point.

tell that to the guy that pumps my gas and serves me at the fast food place. Wife is a nurse, 99% of people wearing masks are not doing it right. Actually 99.99%. So why bother?

not going to lie, my mask is not a one off and toss it. I’ve gotten 200’000 miles out of it.

getting on 2 jets friday, then 2 more a week later.

same mask...

I say take care of those in danger then go on with life.

sorry if I’m offending anyone. Just what I think.

Last edited:
It just gets deeper and deeper, the closer we get to the election. Go back and read this thread. Read all of the folks who were poo-pooing the official projections that we would see 50-60,000 dead by August, even with the mitigation measures taken. Nobody said 3 million dead, EXCEPT if we let the virus progress unchecked.

I know the playbook. First, you deny that it's going to be as bad as predicted. Then, when it is, you deny the validity of the counts. It must be made-up data. For somebody who likes to fact check, you have a tough time checking yourself. But hey, the ends justify the means, right? The election is right around the corner. And Fauci has suddenly become personal non gratis in the president's circle, so the flock must follow. Unreal.

This is the earliest combined projection model that I can find, based on very early data (April 14th). Most of the models project close to what we've observed, in retrospect. Very nice, as Borat would say.

Please feel free to post the next ludicrous piece of disinformation from biased sources. I'm waiting with baited breath to laugh until I cry.

1603970724805.png

It just gets deeper and deeper, the closer we get to the election. Go back and read this thread. Read all of the folks who were poo-pooing the official projections that we would see 50-60,000 dead by August, even with the mitigation measures taken. Nobody said 3 million dead, EXCEPT if we let the virus progress unchecked.

I know the playbook. First, you deny that it's going to be as bad as predicted. Then, when it is, you deny the validity of the counts. It must be made-up data. For somebody who likes to fact check, you have a tough time checking yourself. But hey, the ends justify the means, right? The election is right around the corner. And Fauci has suddenly become personal non gratis in the president's circle, so the flock must follow. Unreal.

This is the earliest combined projection model that I can find, based on very early data (April 14th). Most of the models project close to what we've observed, in retrospect. Very nice, as Borat would say.

Please feel free to post the next ludicrous piece of disinformation from biased sources. I'm waiting with baited breath to laugh until I cry.
But we did let the virus progress unchecked. It's been widely reported that the president and rogue deniers like Kristi Noem have enabled the deadly global coronavirus pandemic to rage across the landscape killing unnecessary billions. You're contorting history to support the work of those who haven't gotten anything right.

You keep telling us we misinterpreted the message. If the entire country has exhaled from exhaustion, from holding their breathe waiting for the apocalypse, don't you think maybe the issue isn't that we're not all 4th floor corner office academics? Perhaps instead the academics either can't communicate and math, or they were just wrong and can't stomach blowing their one chance to matter outside their own echo chamber?

This argument is not about you and I, so please don't feel like you need to be the representative of the state response.

Oh, the deep state has no place in my response lol. I am an outlier in many ways, and I only believe in doing something when it makes sense. For example, I don't see a lockdown as being productive at this point in time. And I hate masks, but I acknowledge their benefit.

But what I can't stand is an obviously biased agenda that is based on tearing down everyone else. That is reprehensible to me. You disparage Fauci, who's spent his life working for the public good. Whether you agree or disagree, how about showing some respect?

And I don't think that you misinterpreted the message. I suspect that you understand very well. It takes a willfully targeted effort to bash something so purposely.

You don't like science. I get it. Science is a process that uses evidence to develop models. It is not black and white. You are entitled to your opinion, but the constant pushing of an anti-science agenda gets old really fast. I suspect that most of the habitat-minded folks on this forum skim the content of this thread and get it immediately. Honestly, I don't know why I respond. This is not an argument I can win.

But I can't let your deeply flawed ideas go unchallenged.

What do you suppose my motives are? Do you think Faucci was mean to me in grade school?

I see what I am doing as standing up for 350 million Americans under attack by a small bought off group of political appointees masquerading as health experts. I am very much a student of science, but real science, not the phony science-for-hire grant cows that have slithered into our universities and government agencies.

How about you show some empathy for those suffering and dying in isolation? The way our children and elders are being treated grossly violates the Geneva Convention. Do you know the percentage increase in the number of psychoactive drug prescriptions written since the lockdowns began? Do you realize the enormity of the explosion in need for counseling services in 2020? Does it matter to you? Only a monster would turn a blind eye to this kind of death and human misery. What the hell is wrong with you?

What goal do we need to hit to end this tyranny?

What do you suppose my motives are? Do you think Faucci was mean to me in grade school?

I see what I am doing as standing up for 350 million Americans under attack by a small bought off group of political appointees masquerading as health experts. I am very much a student of science, but real science, not the phony science-for-hire grant cows that have slithered into our universities and government agencies.

How about you show some empathy for those suffering and dying in isolation? The way our children and elders are being treated grossly violates the Geneva Convention. Do you know the percentage increase in the number of psychoactive drug prescriptions written since the lockdowns began? Do you realize the enormity of the explosion in need for counseling services in 2020? Does it matter to you? Only a monster would turn a blind eye to this kind of death and human misery. What the hell is wrong with you?

What goal do we need to hit to end this tyranny?
I can tell you what the goal is after next Tuesday.

Predictions on how many Americans would die from Covid-19 in the beginning ranged from 81,000 to 2.2 million. We are not at the end of this yet but how close does anyone feel the predictions were? The middle of the road prediction is roughly 1.4 million.
If someone is shot in the head but tests positive for Covid at the Coroner, is it really a Covid death?

I think the goal is to destroy the productive leading countries of the world. USA, Western Europe etc. The left has a goal of destroying Trump but that is small ball.

I think the asymptomatic positive is nothing but bullshit. Normal folks test positive when they are not sick and they have to lock themselves away for two weeks. If you are my governor, Nick Sabin, or anyone else who can take multiple tests, the positive result is often turned into a negative. The important people are allowed their freedom but the little people are not.

I also think masks are only here to remind people their is a pandemic. Their usage has definitely increased. But the positive test have increased. How are masks effective if the case numbers continue to climb? It’s all bullshit but people are so quick to give up their freedom for a cold or at worst the flu.

The 2nd person I know got the virus. She lives out in the burbs. Her daughter tested and was inconclusive and has been asked to come in again for retesting. Gotta love those scientific inconclusive tests. Is she a little bit positive? What's the cutoff?

The 2nd person I know got the virus. She lives out in the burbs. Her daughter tested and was inconclusive and has been asked to come in again for retesting. Gotta love those scientific inconclusive tests. Is she a little bit positive? What's the cutoff?
The numbers of positive is climbing because they are testing thousand more a day.This is showing that we aren't doing enough to slow.But I doubt that the 2 friends that I have had that passed from covid won't all the sudden show up after the election.There will be long term health problems for this whole generation let alone the death.I hope it dosen't take getting sick to believe it's real.

The numbers of positive is climbing because they are testing thousand more a day.This is showing that we aren't doing enough to slow.But I doubt that the 2 friends that I have had that passed from covid won't all the sudden show up after the election.There will be long term health problems for this whole generation let alone the death.I hope it dosen't take getting sick to believe it's real.
Ok, but back to SD's question. What's the plan? Lockdown forever? We're all going to get sick, if we haven't already. My mom is healthy and 75 and getting depressed and giving herself self induced mild dementia. Hoping she snaps out of it when she takes her annual combine ride tomorrow and helps my dad choose what rows of corn to leave for the deer. Most people dont have it so lucky though. I've probably missed it in this thread, but how do the scientists explain the hundreds of thousands of deaths "with" covid vs the deaths "from" covid? It's a numbers game. As you said, test more to achieve more. Does anyone know, is the virus weakening like I've heard numerous doctors and scientists say?

Are masks the lone superspreader? Could a planet of universally hypoxic people be the very catalyst that prolongs the deadly global coronavirus pandemic?

The mask devout contract the deadly global coronavirus pandemic 5.6 times more than the casual or non-mask wearer.

Source: CDC - https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936a5-H.pdf

CONTENT WARNING FROM SD51555: Scientists have not concluded that this explains the cultural divide between the diligent and resistant if the diligors are falling victim to this at a significantly higher rate than the resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.