Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Googled it,.. but still don't get it.

""The Minneapolis Police Department is investigating claims by right-wing activist group Project Veritas that individuals tied to Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., engaged in illegal ballot harvesting before the election.""
source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/minneapolis-police-omar-ballot-harvesting

That like saying individuals tied to trump are under investigation,.. that hardly means Trump has been caught red handed?

Peoples talkin strange these days,..

I am no fan of Omar but folks,.. IF "individuals tied" to me (like my coworkers or family) do something wrong,.. that doesn't mean jack sh*t about me.
You apparently have seen the recovered snapchat videos from back in July? Here's a right wing activist video for you. Pretty hard to deny.

That makes my stomach queezy just watching those videos :emoji_rage:

Not even making local media

That's because the guy who broke the "news" is Omar Jamal, a controversial Somali activist who has been in and out of legal trouble for years. His history casts serious doubt on the story. Google him. Honestly, you can't believe everything you see on the internet lol.

If there's something to the story, then the police will do diligence and uncover the truth.

That's because the guy who broke the "news" is Omar Jamal, a controversial Somali activist who has been in and out of legal trouble for years. His history casts serious doubt on the story. Google him. Honestly, you can't believe everything you see on the internet lol.

If there's something to the story, then the police will do diligence and uncover the truth.
I have little faith that credibility has much to do with media reporting anymore. Narrative seems to have a stronger pull than fact checking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have little faith that credibility has much to do with media reporting anymore. Narrative seems to have a stronger pull than fact checking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm guessing there is a lot of fact checking going on with this one. Liberal media won't say a word about it though. You can say what you want about but the videos, Omar Jamal is a small part of them. There are plenty of Somalis that are sick of the clan ruling over them.

i don't doubt that there are shenanigans at play, it's just how do you discern the truth when there's also an obvious agenda?

i don't doubt that there are shenanigans at play, it's just how do you discern the truth when there's also an obvious agenda?

If it wasn't for an agenda it would be a free for all where the deepest pockets win every single election. (which it SEEMS has been taking place) Their agenda is to expose the corruption that is taking place. Just what is the problem with that?

If it wasn't for an agenda it would be a free for all where the deepest pockets win every single election. (which it SEEMS has been taking place) Their agenda is to expose the corruption that is taking place. Just what is the problem with that?

The problem is when exposure of corruption is one-sided, or even falsified. The news and media should not be picking and choosing the corruption that is newsworthy, and which is to be swept under the rug. The news should also be facts instead of opinion pieces. I'm very tired of being told who I should be angry at and/or afraid of. Just give me what happened in a factual statement. Leave the showmanship and manipulation out of it.

The problem is when exposure of corruption is one-sided, or even falsified. The news and media should not be picking and choosing the corruption that is newsworthy, and which is to be swept under the rug. The news should also be facts instead of opinion pieces. I'm very tired of being told who I should be angry at and/or afraid of. Just give me what happened in a factual statement. Leave the showmanship and manipulation out of it.
It's always one sided, the corrupt side is NEVER going to admit any wrong doing. Can YOU please tell me the FACTS since the information I made light of on here was opinion?

It's always one sided, the corrupt side is NEVER going to admit any wrong doing. Can YOU please tell me the FACTS since the information I made light of on here was opinion?
I don't think we are tracking each other quite right. None of my comments were directed towards this video or a particular situation. I'm saying that I'm tired of the media manipulating, deleting, or choosing what information is given to the public. I believe that information against Trump is presented as fact even if the credibility is in question. I believe that allegations against Biden are discredited even if they come from a credible source. I believe the MeToo movement picks and chooses which allegations to promote. I quoted you because of the line I bolded, but I was using it in a general sense. I'm good with exposing corruption... I'm good with Dems vs Rep in saying each other is wrong... I'm not good with it being one sided from the media, the media should not be choosing sides. It should be neutral in presentation.

gotcha

I am right there with you, insofar as I agree that the media is selective in what it presents. But I also feel that diligence is due before making allegations - it has to be a reputable source providing evidence of corruption. Otherwise, the media (and everybody else) ends up chasing rumors, and while we are distracted, that's when the shenanigans occur.

Obviously, this is a fine line to walk. And now that everyone has a cell camera and has become an investigative journalist, there's no end to the amount of misinformation that gets spread through social media.

S.T. - it's great to have an agenda. We all do, to some extent. The danger is when our personal agendas predispose us to dogmatic insistence on some position, independent of facts or even common sense. I've been there. As a research scientist, I have to constantly weigh my bias when interpreting my results. It's dangerous to become too attached to a theory, when somebody smarter is likely to come along and kick it in the a$$. But that's how progress is often made - by being wrong, but learning something along the way that helps eventually to be right.

I am right there with you, insofar as I agree that the media is selective in what it presents. But I also feel that diligence is due before making allegations - it has to be a reputable source providing evidence of corruption. Otherwise, the media (and everybody else) ends up chasing rumors, and while we are distracted, that's when the shenanigans occur.

Obviously, this is a fine line to walk. And now that everyone has a cell camera and has become an investigative journalist, there's no end to the amount of misinformation that gets spread through social media.

S.T. - it's great to have an agenda. We all do, to some extent. The danger is when our personal agendas predispose us to dogmatic insistence on some position, independent of facts or even common sense. I've been there. As a research scientist, I have to constantly weigh my bias when interpreting my results. It's dangerous to become too attached to a theory, when somebody smarter is likely to come along and kick it in the a$$. But that's how progress is often made - by being wrong, but learning something along the way that helps eventually to be right.

I certainly agree with all of that, in fact I find most of your comments as agreeable and even minded.
Most of the misinformation begins at a news source and alleged credible sources or "anonymous sources", it all looks good on the surface but long after the court of public opinion is solidified, months later the truth comes out and it isn't even close to the original story pitched to the public by the media. Bryonna Taylor is a perfect example there, she wasn't shot and killed while asleep in her bed and there was never a mention of her boyfriend shooting first initially. Now months later the truth comes out and the story is completely backwards from where it started. This mantra goes for many cases, George Floyd is another good example. Trump Russia Collusion delusion went on for over 2 years and legit investigations was all that the media covered while people that are supposed to be credible, like James Clapper sat there spewing hints of "although I can assure you I have seen the evidence, but can't discuss the particulars due to an ongoing investigation... Trump is going down for this" because there was no evidence to prove otherwise, and since journalists no longer dig up their own stories we had no choice to believe it. I am a solid Trump supporter, they had me believing that someone on Trump's staff had actually tried to use Russia as help during the election. When in reality, that is exactly what Trump is referring to as "the Swamp". Jim Comey, Peter Strozk etc. crazy how far this thing went to change the election. Biden suggesting Flynn and the Logan Act is nuts bud, Flynn getting set up how he did is nuts... The judge NOT dropping the charges is nuts...
Crazy times we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.