Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was originally 3% to 6%,.. but over the half year doctors have found many ways to treat critically ill patients from rotating them in beds, to steroids, to Remdesiver... I admit I have not had time to watch the video but will try to find the time soon. Thanks for posting it.

One caveat on the video comparing the actual death rate of approx 0.2% vs the original estimate of 3 to 6% -- the key finding of the study that points to 0.2% was that a dramatic number of people (similar findings across the world / in multiple countries and locations included in the study) never develop symptoms, and as a result don't generally seek testing and weren't included in the majority of the earliest calculations painting the 3 to 6% death rate. The updated 0.2% calculation isn't based on actual changes to mortality / any medical improvements, but instead the researchers compiling massive amounts of data from multiple locations where painstaking efforts were taken to include asymptomatic / mildly symptomatic infected in calculations.

Again, that's a generalization of a long conversation with LOTS of very interesting nuanced points but worth pointing out for clarity sake.

We miss going out for wings weekly or more. They are expensive now at fifty cents each as compared to the old days at 10 cents each. Anyhow we miss not only the vacation bar atmospheres but we missed the wings. Darn China! So I signed up for www.onlinecookingschool.com at $9.95 a month. Their on line cooking courses are on demand and feature individual meals. The wing cooking one is a real winner. In fact the wings using their technique and recipe are excellent. The wings come out more crispy and less oily cooking them at home. But yikes the morning after cleanup is horrendous.
I have perfected wings and do them without a fryer. If you and Anne are up for a road trip I will cook them for you. I also have a source for fresh giant wings. I start them on the griddle and finish them in the smoker. I even make my own buffalo sauce.

I have perfected wings and do them without a fryer. If you and Anne are up for a road trip I will cook them for you. I also have a source for fresh giant wings. I start them on the griddle and finish them in the smoker. I even make my own buffalo sauce.
Thanks Chummer, Sounds great, looking forward to it.

As a native southerner with a fair share of redneck, carnal nature I've always LOVED this story by Jerry Clower... :emoji_smile:

The wind is blowing, and now the "scientist" are changing their minds again...... I love listening to the experts.

Capture.PNG

I had to giggle at the CDC making the statement that masks aren't sufficient protection against wildfire smoke followed with so many "experts" admitting that smoke particulates are much larger than airborne Virus particles. I shouldn't say "giggle", this really is no laughing matter considering the damage it has done to so many people.

Exactly! People have been running around in masks that are not doing them any good. Like I said before--I'm just glad they didn't tell everyone we need to wear diapers.

People calling the shots to lock everyone down is pure bullshit. They have successfully drug this out about as long as they could. The sheeple are actually starting to show some signs of doubting what the governors "real" intentions are---that didn't take too long huh?

People need to stop wearing masks. Just go out without them. Hardly anyone tells you to wear one. I have gone shopping to several stores, and not one of them asked me to put on a mask. I have been into stores where I saw more people without, then with. Just stop wearing them, and the government wont be able to enforce it if the majority wont comply. In fact in the last couple months, I have only had to wear one a few times, airport in MN, airplanes, and Menards. Other then that, no one has even said anything to me.

The wind is blowing, and now the "scientist" are changing their minds again...... I love listening to the experts.

View attachment 31779

With that new info. Our State colleges are now requiring Random pool testing for all students that are asymptomatic.
So if you’re doing your college All from home and refuse you get thrown out I guess
Somehow they believe that testing students at home is going to prevent community spread at the actual college, so says the Dean

People need to stop wearing masks. Just go out without them. Hardly anyone tells you to wear one. I have gone shopping to several stores, and not one of them asked me to put on a mask. I have been into stores where I saw more people without, then with. Just stop wearing them, and the government wont be able to enforce it if the majority wont comply. In fact in the last couple months, I have only had to wear one a few times, airport in MN, airplanes, and Menards. Other then that, no one has even said anything to me.
I was in a Cabelas a month or so back. I didn't wear a mask and saw some older guys not wearing them (60's) but most were. I got to the checkout, put my stuff on the counter, and made small talk with the girl worker. In the meantime someone gets behind me in line. The girl stopped what she was doing and told the guy behind me (who was wearing a mask mind you) "please back up". I turned around to look at him and just chuckled to myself. She took my money, said thank you and never said a word about me not wearing a mask. It could have just been the coiled up rattlesnake on my hat.

I was in a Cabelas a month or so back. I didn't wear a mask and saw some older guys not wearing them (60's) but most were. I got to the checkout, put my stuff on the counter, and made small talk with the girl worker. In the meantime someone gets behind me in line. The girl stopped what she was doing and told the guy behind me (who was wearing a mask mind you) "please back up". I turned around to look at him and just chuckled to myself. She took my money, said thank you and never said a word about me not wearing a mask. It could have just been the coiled up rattlesnake on my hat.

..........or maybe the bad haircut , camo,and tattoos like my buddies in East Texas

bill

15a302d41aa3b5f106b96bd14a0153b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our comrades at the MSHSL have decided that the kids can resume football and volleyball now. Our district has been hybrid for grades 4-12 since the beginning of the school year. They just modified it last week and left grades 7-12 in hybrid, but K-6 goes every day all day now. In a county of 36,000 people we currently have 2 deaths. Both over the age of 90. I cant wait to see all the stupid ass rules they have for the fans and players. The Karens of the world probably arent gonna be too impressed with me when I show up to watch a game.

Capture.PNG

Our school started with in person 5 days for those who chose it---others stay home and "learn" from there. This week they will be doing 2 days a week in person and they did state that our school has 0 cases of covid. Zero cases in our school but the county supposedly has broken the magic .01% thresh hold so all schools in mille lacs county have to abide by these rules. I'm glad hunting season is upon us because I have an overwhelming desire to kill something!

Status
Not open for further replies.