Cleth Spring Spraying Questions

AMS Supreme calls for 2.5gal per 100 gal of water or 2.5%v/v. I came up with 320oz per 100 gal of water or 3.2oz per gallon. My sprayer puts out 20gal per acre so I believe I need 64oz of liquid ams per 20 gal of water. That just seems like an awful lot so I am questioning my math and or my application rate for a clover foodplot.

AMS Supreme calls for 2.5gal per 100 gal of water or 2.5%v/v. I came up with 320oz per 100 gal of water or 3.2oz per gallon. My sprayer puts out 20gal per acre so I believe I need 64oz of liquid ams per 20 gal of water. That just seems like an awful lot so I am questioning my math and or my application rate for a clover foodplot.

I’m pretty sure the @omicron1792 herbicide thread calls for 4oz/ gal of AMS so that is what I have been using. It does get to be a lot.

Been awhile since I used cleth, but thought the crop oil was kinda high too. AMS requirement is for 2 things. Use some fertilizer to wake up the plant to increse chemical uptake of herbiide. Also, AMS is used to "clean up" water with high calcium content. The ammonia is for the plant, the sulphate is used to tie up calcium and let your spraying chemical ionicly bond to the plant, instead of to the calcium.

After looking at this, I think I will continue to use AMS. Had a bad experience with AMS clogging my sprayer this year. This does explain why I don't see a difference up at camp where I use reek water vs at home with hard water from the well.

The purdue example used 22oz/gal of gly. Thats not alot of gly in mos food plotters minds.

you can use pool test strips to check your water. Not sure if you cna use it in the tank with your chemicals to check pH correction. IDeal sprayer pH for most chemicals is around 4.5-5. Adding citric acid is a common practice in commercial AG situations. Although cleth is selective, so it might stunt your desired plant a little more.

I need to make a chart for these herbicides. It's always lots of confusion for me.
I made a laminated sheet with info from the product labels that sits with the chemicals at camp. Then after you've had 10 beers and cursed at the sprayer for not priming, you don't have any excuse for screwing up the mix.