Cheap but good plain old cameras.

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
Seems non cell phone cameras picking are getting smaller. Especially in wht you'd think are quality cameras.

Anybody still using non-cell anymore? OR maybe have cell phone cameras that save to SD crds like traditional camera when not subscribed, or no cell service. 1/2 my cameras are in no cell service areas.

Some of the guys on here got me to try the GardePro A3. Have been super satisfied so far, but I've just had them out a few months. Black flash and great pictures. Only con is that the screen is hard for me to read. If the sun is bright, I have to put a towel over my head and the cam to read it. Sometimes they are on sale for around $50 on Amazon.

All I've bought the past 2 years are gardepros. Don't use cell cams. If a $50 gardepro lasts 2 yrs I'm totally fine with that. I remember the days when I thought Covert was going to rule the world.

Seems non cell phone cameras picking are getting smaller. Especially in wht you'd think are quality cameras.

Anybody still using non-cell anymore? OR maybe have cell phone cameras that save to SD crds like traditional camera when not subscribed, or no cell service. 1/2 my cameras are in no cell service areas.
I just bought 6 SpyPoint LM2s for $30/each direct from SpyPoint. These are cell cameras, but they work great as non-cell AND you have the added feature of being able to adjust them remotely, if needed. As an added bonus, you get 100 free cell pictures per month, per camera. No gimmicks or catches. These are reconditioned, but four of the six had NEVER been used, and the other two were truly “as new.” These save to micro SD cards, which are about $4 each in 5 packs.

Got a link for the $30 Spypoint cell cams?

I don't use cell phone cams. I have put GardePro camms out this year very satisfied with their performance.

Have been buying Chy-Na stuff off ebay and amazon when theyre cheap. Hate how some use micro cards - but they seem way better than the 50$ Stealth-Muddy-etc junk. I so missed the good old Tascos....have some rocking ?8 yrs now.

I swear some deer sense something about cell cams too. Call me a nut but SDs do better for me.

Years ago cameras were expensive and not uncommon to pay 300 bucks for plain Jane camera. Well I was buying cuddebacks and they had a 2 year warranty and after that you could send them in for repair but It would cost you like $80 bucks, well my cameras always screwed after the two year warranty so it would cost me. Then cuddeback came out with a camera for like 500 bucks with a full 5 year warranty. I figured every two years when it went bad I would get it fixed for free and essentially get a new camera every two years. Well that camera lasted me 11 years, which proves to me that they have always had the technology to make them last a decade but choose to put inferior parts in them.

I use the cheap wild game innovations cams from Walmart. They only seem to last four or five years but I leave them out all year. I don’t do anything fancy with them other than checking them every couple of months to see what’s in the area. As a small property owner I know I’m not holding big bucks but I like seeing what’s around.

Attachments

• IMG_2781.jpeg
    IMG_2781.jpeg
    742.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2779.jpeg
    IMG_2779.jpeg
    425.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2672.jpeg
    IMG_2672.jpeg
    677.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2674.jpeg
    IMG_2674.jpeg
    612.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2675.jpeg
    IMG_2675.jpeg
    558.9 KB · Views: 16

I don't want to take full credit for this, but I have been pushing this camera so much Gardepro owes me some royalties. I have personally bought more than 12 of these cameras and have had several of them in the field for 5 years. You can find them on clearance on Amazon from $24. Most of the time I buy them they are on the lightning deal from Amazon for $35. I mostly buy the E5 or E5S versions. Get or make a screw in pan and tilt mount. I have noticed if you run them on video mode with sound some animals can detect them if they are not up in a tree.

Last edited:
Thanks. Sweet deal there. Do they work in Canada, or only the US?
Spypoint offers a Canadian version, as it is a Canadian company. The one I just bought were Verizon, but I have also had their nationwide version. The website should tell you which version is available, or you can call them.

Awesome! I can't call them from Europe, but I can email them. I would love to get a few cameras on the Ontario property to monitor things. Thanks for the tip.

I bought two of the GardePro E5S non-cell cameras from Amazon for around $30 each. They go on sale all the time for $30-$40 on Amazon. So far good picture quality. The attached pics are taken in the same location. I set the month wrong, pictures were taken in August and not June.DSCF0047 - Copy.JPGDSCF0030 - Copy.JPG

I have a few lower end Bushnells that have been pretty flawless. I am pretty sure I did not pay more than $50 a piece, but the cheapest I see now is $120+. MIdway has a few $30 cameras, Wildview, muddy and stealth. I like to leave them in places I forget and rediscover years later.

Another vote for the Gardepro. I think the last one on the lightning deal was $21 but I'd pay $40-50 for these cameras without any hesitation. I think I'm up to 8 or 9 now.

Another vote for the Gardepro. I think the last one on the lightning deal was $21 but I'd pay $40-50 for these cameras without any hesitation. I think I'm up to 8 or 9 now.
I might try 1 of those cams NH showed on a different thread. Ordered another gardepro E5 for $40 today. Hey Brian looks like you got your big boy back from the taxi in your profile Pic. Looks great. And your buck from the prior year as well.

I bought 6 Bushnells on their last sale and one will not work at all and one is acting poorly. I have had a good luck with Bushnells in the past but I think there was a good reason these models were half price, like some on here has said their new stuff is junk. I also bought gardepro for the first time an A3 and now a E5, I will put out this weekend

I’ve had excellent luck with Bushnell, but my newest one was bought in 2019, so five years old. I have some that are ten years old though and they take great pictures. My cell cameras, only three, don’t take nearly as good pictures as the Bushnells do. They are Moultrie.