Changes to Global Food Production

Crimson n' Camo

5 year old buck +
Someone posted a link to an article on here several months ago talking about a plan to change the way we feed the world over the next 50 years.......and not in a good way......It was talking about the really wealthy folks like Bill Gates buying up farmland and changing the whole system......Does anyone remember the thread I'm talking about?

This have to do with synthetic meat? I want to say Dark Marvin may have posted what you are talking about, but I don't remember for sure.

Kind of on this topic....

Ever see the Wagyu beef that is so expensive? It looks like a walking heart attack more fat than meat, some over $100 an ounce in restaurants.

All the more reason to manage your food plots along a regenerative ag model so you can grow your own quality food and not have to eat the garbage turned out by modern ag practices.

Kind of on this topic....

Ever see the Wagyu beef that is so expensive? It looks like a walking heart attack more fat than meat, some over $100 an ounce in restaurants.

its not that good.......much prefer Outback or Texas Roadhouse

bill

No it wasnt those although that may be a part of it.....If I remember correctly it involved major corporations like Wal-Mart too......

I've eaten some steaks from Walmart that are pretty darn good. Maybe I'm easy to please.

We buy grass fed beef from a local farmer. Great stuff. Plus walleye off the dock or right in front of our house in MN...-ad in our harvested venison and pheasants. Fills the freezer.

This is one reason I’m buying good farm land.,It will be more in demand as the world grows. Development takes additional land every month.

I bought a few hundred pounds of grass fed beef years back. At the time my wife was in child care and one of the families that brought their children to us raised grass fed beef. To be perfectly honest I'd rather eat a deer steak or die 10 years earlier. The majority of the beef our family eats is actually Holstein. It doesn't have nearly as much fat on it and we know plenty of people with dairy farms that put cows down on a semi regular basis. Plus the price tag is more attractive.

We buy grass fed beef from a local farmer. Great stuff. Plus walleye off the dock or right in front of our house in MN...-ad in our harvested venison and pheasants. Fills the freezer.

This is one reason I’m buying good farm land.,It will be more in demand as the world grows. Development takes additional land every month.
Are you not worried about the tax plans proposed? If it goes down (not saying it will) like they want, it'll put a ton of farms on the market. In addition to the land they want to give to black farmers. We're worried over here.

I bought a few hundred pounds of grass fed beef years back. At the time my wife was in child care and one of the families that brought their children to us raised grass fed beef. To be perfectly honest I'd rather eat a deer steak or die 10 years earlier. The majority of the beef our family eats is actually Holstein. It doesn't have nearly as much fat on it and we know plenty of people with dairy farms that put cows down on a semi regular basis. Plus the price tag is more attractive.

The interviewer doesn't do the best job but the content is good. Makes a good point for really knowing the farming practices used to raise your food. To me it comes down to raising my own or eating wild animals as much as possible. The line that hooked be was, "Grass-fed isn't grass-fed isn't grass-fed." Management matters.

We definitely eat more wild game meat than store bought at our house.

Are you not worried about the tax plans proposed? If it goes down (not saying it will) like they want, it'll put a ton of farms on the market. In addition to the land they want to give to black farmers. We're worried over here.

I have concerns yes. Will that actually pass, I would doubt it. Remember that Manchin from WV will not support that nonsense. If there is no cheating in the next election, I think the Republicans will wipe the Democrats in the Senate and House. They will have the majority and Biden can just take a nap all day (like he does now). Nothing will pass.

Cheat and win or play fair---wonder what will happen?

Keep the faith, bwoods11!

The interviewer doesn't do the best job but the content is good. Makes a good point for really knowing the farming practices used to raise your food. To me it comes down to raising my own or eating wild animals as much as possible. The line that hooked be was, "Grass-fed isn't grass-fed isn't grass-fed." Management matters.
What does that mean? I haven't had a chance to check it out.

I picked up a cooler full of pork steaks today. I had four shoulders from some pigs raised in the woods after weening. They got a little supplemental feed, but for the most part, they ran and swam and foraged like god intended. That pork is legendary. I can't wait to try these steaks. Never took them to be cut like this before, always did whole shoulder pulled pork instead.

What does that mean? I haven't had a chance to check it out.

I picked up a cooler full of pork steaks today. I had four shoulders from some pigs raised in the woods after weening. They got a little supplemental feed, but for the most part, they ran and swam and foraged like god intended. That pork is legendary. I can't wait to try these steaks. Never took them to be cut like this before, always did whole shoulder pulled pork instead.
Definitely better than modern ag model raised pork and a huge step in the right direction. Sounds delicious. I haven't come across much that directly speaks to pigs on pasture and how often they are moved affecting nutrient density, but by what i have read says that should be good meat. In the video, they explain how the research is showing much higher levels of polyphenols and other nutrients in cattle that are grazed in high density, multi paddock rotations versus those moved less often or not at all. Soil health is better and number of cow days per acre are higher. Just seems like a win all around to me.

My neighbor has his cattle grazing intensively and they are delicious. He also brings in piglets in the spring and finishes them in the woods where they have free reign of both hickory nuts and acorns. My freezers were full this year but I'm looking forward to getting one next year!

Some of the pre wrapped pre flavored pork loins I've bought at Wally the past few years have tasted definitely off to me. Can't quite place it. I have some freezer pig bought locally that is really good, but sometimes those $5 loins tempt me enough. Pork has been so cheap. Hyvee has sales occasionally and theirs tastes good usually. Love a fat 2" boneless chop.