Can’t log in / stay logged in/having to log back in.

Bill

Administrator
So some members are having issues with loggin in and more prevalent staying logged in. I finally figured it out but don’t have much to offer.

Hotmail and any other mail server run by Microsoft sees Xenforo (the forum software developer and current host of the site) mail as spam and soft bounces it back. That causes the system to see your user state as invalid. The folks at Xenforo have been working with Microsoft to get it fixed but not having much luck.
So basically, if your subscribed to a thread and someone posts to it you normally get an email. However, because your mail server sees it as spam it is bounced back and the system thinks you don’t exist and changes your status to invalid.

We have to wait for Microsoft to fix it “or” if you have another email address that isn’t MS owned or related you could log in to your H-T account and change your email address.

Last edited:
thank you Bill for explaining the issue I've been having

thank you Bill for explaining the issue I've been having

Its been riving me nuts..

Also found out if someones mail server hard bounces the email our system locks you out of posting, liking etc. If that happens email me so I can reset your credentials

Bump

Bump

I can be contacted using the contact button at the very bottom of each page. It works if you can’t log in.

Not sure if you did some sort of an update yesterday, but I wasnt able to get on the site at all yesterday during the day. I tried again in the evening and all was good, and looked like others made posts during the day when I wasnt able to get on the site.

Not sure if you did some sort of an update yesterday, but I wasnt able to get on the site at all yesterday during the day. I tried again in the evening and all was good, and looked like others made posts during the day when I wasnt able to get on the site.

No that a DNS issue. No one could find the site for a while.