Central IL Forrester

DiSc0Rd

5 year old buck +
Has anyone used a Forester to do some tree harvesting on their property having a hard time finding one. I got on the DNR site an e-mailed five or six and only one replied and he couldn't of even visit the property until late winter I don't plan to harvest until after deer season but I'd at least like someone to look at it.

I have driven many times through central and south Illinois ... Isn't "Central IL Forrester" and oxymoron? :emoji_slight_smile:

Central IL is the high-rent district for open farmland! Still some creeks though.
I have driven many times through central and south Illinois ... Isn't "Central IL Forrester" and oxymoron? :emoji_slight_smile:L

Central IL is the high-rent district for open farmland! Still some creeks though.
You can buy the 80 next to me that's in crp for a cool 300k

I can dig back thru some emails and find a forester that seemed amenable to coming out at short notice. This was a few years ago. Don't recall his name without going back. Didn't realize those guys were so busy.

Good luck. I couldn't get one to return calls or email couple of years ago.

I can dig back thru some emails and find a forester that seemed amenable to coming out at short notice. This was a few years ago. Don't recall his name without going back. Didn't realize those guys were so busy.
Thanks, I need it. @goatman is right, I still haven't heard back from anyone I have messaged so I'll take any contact info anyone has.

I called him but wouldn’t necessarily expect a reply on a Saturday or Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the guy I emailed and heard back from the same day is named James Potthoff. The only thing I can tell you is that he replied the same day with a lengthy response and said he was available to come to my site. I got busy and that's as far as it went. This was in Feb of '17. A short google search tonight didn't show anything very recent, so not sure if you'll have any luck or not. At the time, I think he was from the Bureau Co area.

Thanks for the update. Never knew it was so hard to talk to someone. I guess pandemics are good for business