Catscratch House and Habitat build

I noticed a couple of 1 antlered bucks in the deer pen down the road today. Found a single spike antler a couple of weeks ago that was freshly cast.

When they die do you just leave them standing, or bulldoze into piles or what?

When they die do you just leave them standing, or bulldoze into piles or what?
Depends on where they are at. If easy to get to, or in the way I pile and burn. If not a big deal I leave them standing.

Plus getting poked by those thorns burn like a sumabitch

^^^ Locust and Hedge both have a little sting to them. Give me a knot wherever I'm poked.

Sunrise this morning. I think KS has the best sunrises and sunsets in the world!
Screenshot_20240102_213402_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240102_213435_Gallery.jpg

Agreed!
26f2c610fb2d68ccbf21b7e831a5a6ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ Locust and Hedge both have a little sting to them. Give me a knot wherever I'm poked.

Sunrise this morning. I think KS has the best sunrises and sunsets in the world!
View attachment 61230View attachment 61231

I think that’s the first time I have seen this view of your house. It’s perfect!

Not habitat but kind of fun anyway. The kid and friends made the news with a snowman! Pics don't do it justice, it's huge!
FB_IMG_1704578995076.jpg

How much did you guys get?

How much did you guys get?

Never checked. It was enough that my driveway was only a walkway for 3 days. Had to park at the highway and walk to/from the house. Also had to walk to fish, and to find places for the kids to run.

Screenshot_20240107_192641_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240107_192710_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240107_193957_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240107_192556_Gallery.jpg

Of course it melted too quick and everything needed fed a little extra. The kids stayed busy today with chorse. We're supposed to get rain tomorrow, you guys up north are supposed to get more snow, I'm jealous.

The oldest is fond of butchering and roasting whole pigs with his friends. This little guy's just too charming to be food yet.
Screenshot_20240107_194515_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240107_194527_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240107_184709_Gallery.jpg

Ever get in a bale ring with a longhorn who's managed to get her head stuck and try to push her out? Exciting!Screenshot_20240107_184533_Gallery.jpg

Nice work! Supposed to be rain for quite a while before it switches to snow tomorrow. That would be nice as the ponds are still nearly dry. Wind really picked up about dark tonight. I scored on a doe just before dark and we barely got her hung up before it really started to blow. We’ll see what tomorrow brings

Nice work! Supposed to be rain for quite a while before it switches to snow tomorrow. That would be nice as the ponds are still nearly dry. Wind really picked up about dark tonight. I scored on a doe just before dark and we barely got her hung up before it really started to blow. We’ll see what tomorrow brings

It's almost a 6hr drive for the oldest to get back to college (it's in Nebraska). Last night the turd says "I think I better head back tonight, supposed to snow ALL day tomorrow right where I have to drive". So he packs up and leaves at 8pm. Worried his mom sick but he made it with no problems. I'm kind of bragging on him. Some young people wouldn't be checking the weather and planning his trip 2 days in advance.

For sure. At his age I was living life 15 minutes at a time! 😂

For sure. At his age I was living life 15 minutes at a time! 😂
He sent me pics first thing this morning of a snow covered parking lot. Has it started on you guys yet?

A little. It rained from about 5 this morning til 10, then changed to snow til about 11:30. Now nothing but its supposed to start back up between 1 and 2. Roads are shit right now... Temp is hovering between 32 and 34.