All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Pull

Red

5 year old buck +
I finally pulled a camera that was out all winter. I only got one picture of this guy in velvet and now this one. It was after the firearms season so I like his chances for making it through archery and muzzle loader seasons. With some luck my habitat work this year will encourage him to stay on my property more.
Not a good picture but anyone willing to toss out guesses at age and score just for fun. After I get him this fall I'll let you know how close you were ;) 20141120_Deer_002.jpg

20141120_Deer_002.jpg I fixed the picture for you so it is a little easier to see. Great buck.

I follow all you MN guys struggle with your deer numbers and deer like this is what makes it truly sad. To have that kind of potential walking around waiting to explode if managed right has to drive you crazy. Now I don't have many deer either but there will only be one or two killed a year within miles of me that are even close to that deer. Different reasons but the same boat none the less. I hope you get a shot at him this year, he will be a stud.

Very unique rack too with that hole in the main beam.

that buck has tons of character!

Just based on that one pic, he looks to me to have about a mid 140's frame. it appears he has a broken G3.

as far as age goes that is a very tough angle. I'm not familiar with when the hunting seasons you reference occur in your state, but i would assume this is a post rut/early winter picture?
But if i had to guess i would say that he is a worn down 4 yr old.

I would say he's a 4 year old.

I was guessing 4.5 as well.
I think this is him in velvet.
02 Oct. 20 09.18.jpg

yeah i'd say that looks like the same buck to me.