All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building a mock scrape / What type of branch?

24hrs since my deposit:

20151022_164712.jpg

Doe print, fox print, and scrape is bigger than yesterday. Sadly, I didn't have a cam out last night anywhere. :( I have one on it now.

Let 'er rip again right after taking this pic. :D

Ha, I just did that about 15mins ago and my cam is set on video. Lucky for you guys I turned the cam off first:D
Back to the cam back to the cam.

24hrs since my deposit:

20151022_164712.jpg

Doe print, fox print, and scrape is bigger than yesterday. Sadly, I didn't have a cam out last night anywhere. :( I have one on it now.

Let 'er rip again right after taking this pic. :D
U know it's almost automatic it catch a fox after a skunk pees all over after being caught in a leg hold? Fox seem to be attracted to skunk urine.

They're attracted to all urine. They patrol turf more than deer do.

One of the best fox sets going........... catch a skunk in a trap, make sure he sprays the spot ............ dispatch skunk and bury about 3 traps in that spot. An older, experienced trapper taught me that trick when I was younger. He liked to bury the whole skunk there and let some tail hair stick up out of the ground for a visual attraction besides the smell !! It works.

Thanks for the info on " me pee " at a mock scrape. Seemed to be counter-productive - but I'll try it.

Wow, that pic didn't look that terrible on my phone. Sorry about that! :eek:

As they say; the proof is in the yogurt. The camera clock time is off, since I downloaded this card at 12:38 and the yearling is coming through at 12:54. IIRC, it should be one hour off and that was really 11:54. Likewise, the big guy was there at 5:53 and would've been very much shootable light.

PICT0373.jpg

PICT0377.jpg

I let 'er rip twice on this spot total, over two days, and have had obvious visits two days in a row following that from deer.

What really sucks is that I would've been perched 30 yards from this again tonight when the 8 came through had I not thought I'd lose the blood trail with the rain. :( While he's not Nigel size (the 11pt I had hanging around a few years back), this 2.5yr old is dead meat if I can connect with him. The spike will walk.

Nice

I appreciate the feedback. Going to set it up now. I was mostly concerned with the branch itself but I like the overall discussion as well. I might cut one down off the field edge like someone mentioned.