Brassica Food Plot

Chris.A.133

Buck Fawn
I don’t have a cultipacker so I used an ATV Drag Harrow 4x4 with the teeth up to pack my seeds will my plot be ok ?

Attachments

• IMG_1253.jpeg
    IMG_1253.jpeg
    756.6 KB · Views: 23
I don’t have a cultipacker so I used an ATV Drag Harrow 4x4 with the teeth up to pack my seeds will my plot be ok ?

Yes. Plenty of exposed soil there. All you need now is rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure where you are at so bulb growth planting in August uncertain. Start doing your rain dance.

The drag harrows don’t pack the seed but rather bury it. Good move on putting the teeth up with brassica seed and not down . Next time just drive over and over it with your quad tires packing the seed in. Takes a while, but your plot don’t look too big . Good job on the plot.

The drag harrows don’t pack the seed but rather bury it. Good move on putting the teeth up with brassica seed and not down . Next time just drive over and over it with your quad tires packing the seed in. Takes a while, but your plot don’t look too big . Good job on the plot.
So just wait for rain and give it some more time?

Yup. Your fine.

So just wait for rain and give it some more time?

Yes....I seeded and planted a bassicas plot about a month ago the same size as yours. I was able to get my tractor and harrows in there...but not my cultipacker. Just drove over the seed with my tractor tires and my son was doing donuts on our ATV and I got excellent germination. Rain was the key too.

I’m in Central NC

You should have plenty of time to se some bulb growth then. If you soil was loose, a good hard rain will help pack the seed in the soil for good contact.