Bone Dry

We were really dry in my neck of the woods here in western Wisconsin April through first part of may. Then we got good rains for about 2 weeks but it shut off again. The 10 day looks hot and dry. I missed that two week window for planting with the good rains so it may just be fall plots this year, but that's OK.

I think im just an hour or 2 south of you bwoods. Its dry for sure and the heat is whats really wild! It does look like the forcast has changed since you posted this. Friday now looks like a good chance for storms throughout MN. I feel like were due for a drought year to let things regenerate, water has been above average at my place for the last decade. It not fun watching everything dry up though, thats for sure. I only planted some hybrid willow and poplar cutting this spring and im sure theyre struggling. It is what it is....

I think im just an hour or 2 south of you bwoods. Its dry for sure and the heat is whats really wild! It does look like the forcast has changed since you posted this. Friday now looks like a good chance for storms throughout MN. I feel like were due for a drought year to let things regenerate, water has been above average at my place for the last decade. It not fun watching everything dry up though, thats for sure. I only planted some hybrid willow and poplar cutting this spring and im sure theyre struggling. It is what it is....
What county are you in? We nearly had rain last night, storm front came through-50 mph winds--- but just hot wind!

Raining again here on middle Tennessee. Everything’s a mess trying to do construction

2" yesterday evening. We were going to give it a go today but looks like we are 2-3 days out now. Again Temps getting into the 90's

Our planting season is done for this year it has been so wet. Six years in a row of wet weather and the ecology is actually changing around my place

What county are you in? We nearly had rain last night, storm front came through-50 mph winds--- but just hot wind!
Kandiyohi

Our planting season is done for this year it has been so wet. Six years in a row of wet weather and the ecology is actually changing around my place
My farm mgr joked that perhaps we should simply mix the summer cocktail with the fall mix. Maybe he's right.

Pretty dry here in PA. Had a few days of rain two weeks ago but now hot and humid. We do have a chance of thunderstorms about everyday this week so fingers crossed that we get something.
hoping some of those spotty PA t-storms give me some relief...watering 22 new fruit trees 5 gallons at a time with a 25 gallon ATV sprayer is alot (especially with a broken ATV!)

If i want rain i just have to put the lawnmower outside---works most of the time.
Mines been outside for 10 days straight. No luck

So much for that theory then. Thought for sure I had the solution there.

I picked up about 1/4" on the hunting land last night. Just a few short miles west they got 3-5 times as much rain. Sure would have been nice to hook an 1-2" like they did west of me.

Capture.PNG

Just picked up 1.2”. Much needed!!! Been 90+ and sunny for 6 days

hoping some of those spotty PA t-storms give me some relief...watering 22 new fruit trees 5 gallons at a time with a 25 gallon ATV sprayer is alot (especially with a broken ATV!)
The evening after I wrote this, it dumped down rain at the house for about 10-15 min. but it was so spotty I don't even know if we got any at my property which is only about 10 miles away. I wanted to plant buckwheat this weekend so naturally it's supposed to rain all day Friday. Wanted to run the tiller across the top to break up the thatch but in past experience with this plot it turns into a muddy mess quickly.

It totally missed me again.

The evening after I wrote this, it dumped down rain at the house for about 10-15 min. but it was so spotty I don't even know if we got any at my property which is only about 10 miles away. I wanted to plant buckwheat this weekend so naturally it's supposed to rain all day Friday. Wanted to run the tiller across the top to break up the thatch but in past experience with this plot it turns into a muddy mess quickly.
my parents, who live less than 20 miles away got dumped on the late last week, while I got nothing...last night we both got dumped on (at least an hour of downpour and 0.75 inch in the rain guage)...no supplemental watering necessary!