Bone Dry

This is what I planted into a week ago. Spread browntop millet in one field and ebony peas in another field. Seem to be doing ok on any high spots
1A427701-A60B-4333-8997-610F9F9BDE8B.jpeg

We hav a chance for rain Friday afternoon. I’m going to put some seed on the ground and hope for the best. Now if I could only remember what I did with my sprayer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just west of me has gotten another inch + of rain the last 12 hours while I didn't accumulate 2 drops. Pretty frustrating to miss by 5-8 miles both times. They have over 2" west of me in 72 hours. I had about 1/4". I have enough pails and totes together to haul 145 gallons into the woods in my truck. I plan to water a bunch of trees twice this weekend. Maybe 4 hours each time. I didn't mind doing it the last two times so I hope that trend continues. Looks fairly cool Friday at 5 am.

Capture.PNG

Bad enough that it is so wet most planting is off limits, but even where I sowed millet on bare ground and got a decent stand, now the dang hogs decided to root in it
9DF6B842-454C-40EA-8A48-E6A1E9FEC590.jpeg

Dakota guys getting some rain finally? Maybe a little coming for MN

Dakota guys getting some rain finally? Maybe a little coming for MN
Half inch at my place, and thank the man upstairs no hail.

Alot of corn was pineappled and the soil was blowing. Looks pretty widespread. Might of been a saving rain, hard to say that this early in the season.

Got up at 430 to watch it roll past. That's how bad we needed it. Was mainly watching for the white combine though.

Just had a nice rain, not sure his much. Really needed it!

I am just sitting here in Norther Wisconsin wondering how this one will break up, or split and go around me before it gets to me. Moving east now.

Attachments

• BA5245BA-10DE-452A-BAE8-B9F76DFC751B.png
    BA5245BA-10DE-452A-BAE8-B9F76DFC751B.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
I am just sitting here in Norther Wisconsin wondering how this one will break up, or split and go around me before it gets to me. Moving east now.
Looking like it's going to break up and go around me.

I found out the secret. What you want to do is plan on tilling and seeding a plot that's located right next to a spring over the weekend. We've had rain every day this week

Well that completely dissipated and I didn’t get anything. Hoping for some yet tonight, but not looking good.

Rec'd about 1/4" yesterday afternoon and finally some dew on the fields this morning. Will take what we can get at this point ....

I cant get a tractor,etc anywhere on my place to plant squat

Last year ,i could drive the entire property in a sedan

bill

I cant get a tractor,etc anywhere on my place to plant squat

Last year ,i could drive the entire property in a sedan

bill

same here - even my ridgetop ground is muddy and rutted from driving around in my ranger. This is what most of my ground looks like. Probably 250 acres of my 350 acres have flood water on it. The rest is so muddy, you travel by 4wd ranger
573F6E6D-21F6-4B04-98FB-233D551D0704.jpeg

It’s pretty low chance of rain in forecast, this will only help for short time .

We are mostly rainless here in northern New York. Last year was not normal and this year is not looking good so far. Despite last years drought though we had OK food plots and just enough apples and lots of blackberries. And our 2020 mostly pear tree planting with some apples are doing good enough with a couple of varieties doing outstanding.

Planted and sprayed may 31 haven't had rain since. Farmer buddy said today he hasn't turned his irrigation off for 20 days. All the fields around me without pivots look like someone mowed with the blades set to 1 inche and sprayed the field with Pepsi after. Best chance next ten days is 50% next Monday.

Last edited:
They are saying” there is a chance” tonight for rain. Still have only gotten .2” since the beginning of May. Grass is turning brown, and my food plots are full of weeds, but not sure if I should spray, or mow, afraid it will kill the clover if I do either.

Last weekend I watered most of my 2021, trees at the hunting land twice. Sure was a lot of work, but I think it really paid off. Most of my trees look really good. Just a couple sick plugs. The weed mat with some mulch helps a ton. Most of my one gallon trees got a 5 gallon pail Friday morning, and then again on Sunday morning. A bunch of my 2021 transplants are marching towards death and even some of the 2020 ones are dying.

My water hole was down to about 2-6". I expect it is fully dried out since I took this pic on Friday morning. I took a couple hundred gallons from here and carried up to 200 yards to get where it had to go.

IMG_4242.JPG

Could haul four 27 gallon totes and my pails fairly close to a bunch of my trees. Filled up 4 times
IMG_4287.JPG