Bone Dry

Been raining here for a week. We need the sun back. Everything is soggy, and the bugs are going crazy.

So my question is, with the dry and heat any chance the TnM buckwheat makes it? I held back a 50# bag just because I forgot to bring itso now I'm thinking of they ever did call for rain I better get out on the ground. Sunflowers too I have a bag left over. I haven't made it back over there since we planted but without any water or seems the bird and rodents prob got a ton of the seeds plus anything that did start to grow offs surely dead now.

I didn’t water trees last year and I’m not going to this year. If my trees want water there going to have to send their lazy ass roots down to get some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ I'm only watering trees I bought and paid for this year, all the road ditch trees I transplanted are on there own. I'm not doing it cause of the money I invested in them, I'm doing it cause I never know how many years I have left to see them become something. Like you said the rest of the woods is on its own. The ones I have watered have shown a huge response so that made it a lot easier to lug pails around. I feel obligated to do it while I physically still can.

2 gallon BHS planted this spring really pumping out the new growth. Just a wonderful specimen. I crack the lid when the pail is full and let most of the water trickle right on down the weed mat and right to the trunk. They have been slurping up their pail of water with ease. I will have them in terrific shape going into winter.

IMG_4243.JPG

We actually are getting some off and on showers this late afternoon into the evening. It doesn’t seem like much but it should be enough to get my recent planting to germinate if it hasn’t already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a large swath of SE MN got piss pounded by a big nasty hail storm. Good time to be roofer in that area. Bad time to be an insurance company.

The hail thankfully missed my immediate area. I wouldn't have minded getting a new roof paid for however. I will need to do mine within the next 10 years.

Dry as a bone here also, hasn't rained in close to 2 weeks. Not looking so good..

In trouble her in NW Iowa. Getting just enough to limp along. Our lake is over 3 foot down.

My food plots are alive, but just barely.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

We have a 90% chance of significant rainfall and storms Sunday! The crops arent "dead" yet but about the next closest thing. I better leave the car windows open... we need this!

If it doesn't rain tomorrow night the crops will be putrid in my area (McLeod County). There are already significant cracks opening up in the ground and this is the only chance of rain the next ten days. Bunch of crops already look like they gave up as I head north towards St. Cloud, Little Falls and Brainerd area (unless irrigated). If they are gonna be shit I hope they get demolished by a hail storm. A lot of the new corn hybrids like to cannibalize the stalk to fill the ear during grain fill. Makes those fields candidates to get knocked over by the wind to compound the misery.

Capture.PNG

I picked up .002 last night. With the hope of a half inch tomorrow night. But I wont hold my breath!

We had a really good rain Friday over an inch and a few showers yesterday.
Forecast show’s potential for rain end of the week?
Might get some of the new grass and sunflowers going.

Raining pretty good here for over an hour now. My daughter gave me a rain gauge for fathers day and as soon as i put it up it started raining. huh

Raining pretty good here for over an hour now. My daughter gave me a rain gauge for fathers day and as soon as i put it up it started raining. huh
Wish that was all it took! We have a chance this afternoon and really need it. Stopped mowing the yards a couple weeks ago. I'm going to overfill my pool and leave all the inflatables outside. The washing of vehicles didn't work.

Behold the glory of rain bubbles. The system looks decent so long as it doesn't move north.
697884fcbdaf1c1ea547368796658912.jpg

I got about .75” today. We really needed it.

Same here 3/4" today

About 1/2" McLeod county (the ground inhaled it) corn looks like it grew 4" this afternoon

about 8/10" up north at the hunting land in Cass county.

Keep it coming.