Blue Hill Nursery Stock

I forgot to mention that I put my Dolgo seedling root prunings in potting mix after potting my apple tree benchgrafts and got about two dozen bonus Dolgo seedling trees coming up from those. I did the same with my Wild Pear root prunings and got nothing coming up from those.

I heard one supplier had their dolgo seeds fail to germinate and they won’t have dolgo rootstock.

I see a few dolgo seedlings get quite a bit of CAR, others, not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know an official start date to order trees for Spring 2023? It just says September on their website.

Anyone know an official start date to order trees for Spring 2023? It just says September on their website.
September 26th is what Ryan told me yesterday.

Thanks. That'll save me from getting up at 5am 25 times.
They don’t typically drop first thing in the morning. It’s usually mid day I think

They don’t typically drop first thing in the morning. It’s usually mid day I think
It was early two years ago when I ordered from them. Didn’t order last year.

Happy Blue Hill Day for all that celebrate. Orders are open for Spring 2023.

I got a #5 Crab, Golden Hornet, Roadkill Crab, and a harvest pear. I wanted a rifle pear because the pears I already have should be fairly early droppers, but they were sold out. Not sure where I'm going to put them yet but I'll figure that out in March.

Happy Blue Hill Day for all that celebrate. Orders are open for Spring 2023.

I got a #5 Crab, Golden Hornet, Roadkill Crab, and a harvest pear. I wanted a rifle pear because the pears I already have should be fairly early droppers, but they were sold out. Not sure where I'm going to put them yet but I'll figure that out in March.
I got a #5 Crab, a Harvest Pear, a (small) Big Dog and Turning Point. I guess I shoulda gotten up a little earlier if I wanted some different kinds of pears.

Thanks for the reminder, things may be better than years prior as far as availability? I just logged in now and got a couple buckman and a couple kerr on order.

Wahoo! I ordered a Kerr, Chestnut, Buckman and a couple Turning Points. Also would have liked to get a couple Candy crabs, but sold out.

Fourth year is the charm! I usually wake up about five in the morning and I checked the site on a whim and saw that it was open for business. I was able to order two sweet advent pear, a turning point and an August apricot! Even then the persimmons that I wanted were already gone along with the candy crab but I will take it compared to previous years.

I got Ed’s Crazy Crab, Kerr, Chestnut, Trailman, Sweet November Crab, and Big Ten Apple. Only one I couldn’t get was a Sweet Dog. But I forgot about it and didn’t order til 9:30 central time.

4am Eastern wasn't early enough for the persimmons or rifle season pear I wanted. Pretty sure I got his last grafted persimmon, a 1-2' Meader along with a Candy Crab, 2 Turning Point, an Advent Pear and a Big Dog.

Ended up getting about 16 trees. I was online when it went live. Everything went really smooth!

Due to my horrible ability to graft the scion from Sandbur and Chainsaw I had to order some buckman, turning point, and a big Lou(first I heard of this one)

I got 2 advent and 2 harvest pears. He 0nly had the tiny ones left but that's fine, they'll grow. I set an alarm but was busy with work and when I remembered to get online most everything was gone.