Blue Hill Nursery Stock

Was able to order multiples of each of ... buckman, big dog, big lou, chesnut, galarina, keener seedling, kerr, peak attraction, turning point, & yates

For pears I picked up 2 each of Harvest pear & Hunters deer pear based on Ryans recommendation for my area.

I now have 60 fruit trees to plant next spring ... wife is gonna kill me!

Last edited:
I ordered 5 different varieties, all of which are new to me, so I was happy with my haul. Opened the website last night so it was the first thing I saw when I turned on my phone at 0630. Now I have to find room to plant these darn things…

c00cfa2a99ce6cbc66b9527fb14de243.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frustration once again. I was going to send a message to see what time the orders would open, but forgot with a difficult work schedule. I've had this day marked for a year, wanting to get some persimmons. I've signed up for emails and follow his facebook page and didn't get any notices. Last year the orders started in the afternoon but I guess midnight this year. Put some trees in the cart and decided if I'm only going to plant a couple trees it isn't worth the watering hassle, so cancelled them. Tired of the BS

Frustration once again. I was going to send a message to see what time the orders would open, but forgot with a difficult work schedule. I've had this day marked for a year, wanting to get some persimmons. I've signed up for emails and follow his facebook page and didn't get any notices. Last year the orders started in the afternoon but I guess midnight this year. Put some trees in the cart and decided if I'm only going to plant a couple trees it isn't worth the watering hassle, so cancelled them. Tired of the BS
You will find that persimmons as a general rule are more dependable to start in the location you want from seed and then graft them over to females when they are large enough graft.

Ended up getting about 16 trees. I was online when it went live. Everything went really smooth!
can I ask at what ungodly hour that was? (asking for a friend)

Was able to order multiples of each of ... buckman, big dog, big lou, chesnut, galarina, keener seedling, kerr, peak attraction, turning point, & yates

For pears I picked up 2 each of Harvest pear & Hunters deer pear based on Ryans recommendation for my area.

I now have 60 fruit trees to plant next spring ... wife is gonna kill me!
the last sentence of your post probably rings true for most of us regarding fruit trees...

Send Ryan an email and explain your difficulties, he might set your order aside next year before they go on the website. I had the same issue for 3 orders in a row and he made it right despite it not being his fault. It is a popular place to shop, it is a testament to the quality of trees he sells!

I made sure I signed up for the email alerts and for the second year I didn't get any. This time I put a reminder in my phone based on someone on here saying it was going to start the 26th.

I made sure I signed up for the email alerts and for the second year I didn't get any. This time I put a reminder in my phone based on someone on here saying it was going to start the 26th.
I put the reminder in my phone for friday and by monday had forgot about it. Got most of what I wanted but not everything. I say every year I'm done then end up ordering 10 more damn trees.

thanks! If I find some more spots to put trees (as in maybe some die or I clear out some more space for more next year) and am granted the proper permissions (spousal, that is) maybe I will just stay up next year to get the stuff that I want (can't really call that a need based on numerous conversations/negotiations haha)

For those still needing trees, Terry at WhitetailCrabs has some good trees still available.

Also, Turkeycreek still should be opening his site for sale, maybe he can share a date?

You will find that persimmons as a general rule are more dependable to start in the location you want from seed and then graft them over to females when they are large enough graft.
Yes, I'm going to try some bud grafting next year on some 4 y/o trees. This spring I planted a ton of seed in various places, but don't expect many to take. I did plant 12 in containers and every one of them came up and were transplanted to the farm.

Wife is getting sick of mowing around tree cages............

so, I am making it worth her while. I bought 2 donut peaches for her from barton orchards. I am sure tempted just to give away my antonovka rootstocks in my nursery so I have room for some 30-06 crabapples. I got about 20 very old apple trees. I am leveling out 5 this fall and putting in new trees. There are only 4 or 5 decent trees left. Doing the worst 5 every year. Last year I put in plum trees in the worst 5. This fall it'll be my anty's and the peach trees in april.

Dolgo crabapples seem to be the cats meow, but there are alot of good things you can plant if you have trouble getting those varieties.

I am guessing by the end of the week the website should be updated and we will be taking orders. Sorry I am still old fashioned and probably will keep it that way, no automated ordering system for us, we enjoy the interaction with our customers and feel like that it results in a better transaction for our customers.

I will say with emails it sucks, no way to really guarantee that an email will get through. Service providers can arbitrarily mark something as Spam even if you have had an email conversation with someone recently. We have had it happen enough lately that I am pretty religious about checking the Spam mailboxes everyday as well. The announcement goes out to the folks on the email list 1st and then to Facebook after that. Some things sell out super quick and others you have a little time on. We literally process orders in which they are received.

Wife is getting sick of mowing around tree cages............

so, I am making it worth her while. I bought 2 donut peaches for her from barton orchards. I am sure tempted just to give away my antonovka rootstocks in my nursery so I have room for some 30-06 crabapples. I got about 20 very old apple trees. I am leveling out 5 this fall and putting in new trees. There are only 4 or 5 decent trees left. Doing the worst 5 every year. Last year I put in plum trees in the worst 5. This fall it'll be my anty's and the peach trees in april.

Dolgo crabapples seem to be the cats meow, but there are alot of good things you can plant if you have trouble getting those varieties.

If I were starting over, I would plant 50 or more dolgo seedlings. They could be dolgo rootstock or seedlings from your own dolgo. After they had fruited, you could make decisions about which trees to topwork and which to leave as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those still needing trees, Terry at WhitetailCrabs has some good trees still available.

Also, Turkeycreek still should be opening his site for sale, maybe he can share a date?
For some reason Whitetail crabs doesn't seem to get as much love on this page....but all trees I've received from them have been top notch , and for the money can't beat'em.

For some reason Whitetail crabs doesn't seem to get as much love on this page....but all trees I've received from them have been top notch , and for the money can't beat'em.

100% agreed. I have bought ~3 dozen in the last 2 years and lost only 1 because I planted it too close to a black walnut. All of the others are thriving and shooting up anywhere from 18"-2+' in 1 year.

I am guessing by the end of the week the website should be updated and we will be taking orders. Sorry I am still old fashioned and probably will keep it that way, no automated ordering system for us, we enjoy the interaction with our customers and feel like that it results in a better transaction for our customers.

I will say with emails it sucks, no way to really guarantee that an email will get through. Service providers can arbitrarily mark something as Spam even if you have had an email conversation with someone recently. We have had it happen enough lately that I am pretty religious about checking the Spam mailboxes everyday as well. The announcement goes out to the folks on the email list 1st and then to Facebook after that. Some things sell out super quick and others you have a little time on. We literally process orders in which they are received.
It's your business run it the way you want...BUT you're losing out on sales. As a customer I don't want a "interaction" when it comes to ordering. I just want to click on what I want , and check out at any time I want , round the clock...not just Monday through Friday 9-5 or whatever your hours are. Now if I had questions or needed your advice on a tree for my area I'd call or e mail before ordering . Just don't see the point of paying for a website , when a customer can't even order from it.

Last edited: