Blinds in swamps

Rally1148

5 year old buck +
Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone has had any success with creating box blinds in swamps.
My real question is what should I use for legs? I'm thinking either treated wood sunk into cement (which will be in 5 gallon buckets) or some kind of steel tubing that has a flat "foot" on the end. I've got plenty of lumber, so I figure if I spend $100-200 on stainless steel tubing that'll last me 20 years it's well worth it. As far as elevation, I'd be wanting to get as high as I could (maybe 10 feet would be reasonable?)

I appreciate any and all help!

Have you gotten much sinking in that?

This can be underwater in the spring, and usually dries out a bit in the summer... but if you dig down a foot or two you'll get some water.

I won't have trouble making my shooting lanes, as this is only 10 acres but backs up against a bunch of garages and gets wet pretty quick. It's pretty much undisturbed all year. There is a center island that I have a treestand about 30 feet up in a tree, but it's impossible to get into without alerting everything in the vicinity that you're around, defeating the purpose of hunting the thick stuff. If I can figure out these legs, I'll be able to have access from the road, which will make it much easier to access undetected, AND I can try to get a little clover going on that island and get more bedding on it, rather than in the swamp around it. Heck... if I got a few apple trees and some SWO on the outside of that it'd be an absolute goldmine.

Just get a couple roll out food plots. ;)

home_side_A.jpg

Hahaha, it has the word "extreme" in it, so you know that it has to be a great product. My only concern is what they put on it to make it so "addictive".