Home made water tote trailer

I recently ordered a Frontier 3pt cone spreader with a hydraulically actuated gate for my 3rd SCV.

I don’t have it yet or I’d post pics….but in my mind whatever little hydro system they put on it might be exactly what you need. Assuming you could figure out a water Tite gate system for a larger diameter hose?

Just spitballn’

That sounds like something I am looking for. In my mind a simple hydraulic gate/valve is all I would need. I'm not a very engineering mind so I need visuals and things written out lol.

I found this. Going to watch a youtube video on converting 12v to 110v. No idea. Don't want to hijack thread, just offering my ideas on a similar design to accomplish the same task. Less up and down on machines means more work done. :)

The hydraulics would open or close the valve via a simple push / pull action. I think the water Tite valve / gate for a appx 3” outlet on the water tote is the hard part.

Seems pretty straightforward to fabricate some sort of linkage between the 2. But again, spitballin’.

Electric is easy too. 12v positive battery to a fuse holder, then connect other lead of fuse holder to a push button switch, other lead of push button switch to the solenoid valve. Other lead of solenoid valve to tractor ground , or a wire back to the battery.

50a push button switch is likely overkill. Couldnt find current draw spec on valve, but a 15a fuse and 15a rated 12v switch should be ok.

On a more advanced topic. When you engergize a DC coil, then relase the current, you get a reverse voltage spike. Adding a diode in parallel to the DC coil prevents the reverse spike. The reverse spike beats up the contacts of the switch. Basically the same idea behind an automotive ignition coil and adding a condensor in parallel with the points.