bioliquid calcium?

It was discussed multiple times on the other forum. The soil science experts pretty much agreed it is not a close to a cost effective substitute for lime.

SOS warning!!!! No way is the calcium in 2 gallons of anything equal to the calcium in 2,000lbs of finely ground calcitic limestone. Not on this planet, or any other planet for that matter.

Okay. Thanks for the reply. I was pretty sure someone would have discussed it!

@yoderjac do you have a link to those discussions? I would like to learn more about this, I'm going to attempt some of my own research on a 1/4 acre plot with PlotStart by DeerGro and do another 1/4 acre with Lime and do soil test 3 times a year to see how things go.

@yoderjac do you have a link to those discussions? I would like to learn more about this, I'm going to attempt some of my own research on a 1/4 acre plot with PlotStart by DeerGro and do another 1/4 acre with Lime and do soil test 3 times a year to see how things go.

Sorry, they were on the Q D M A forum which has now been closed down so the links are no longer valid. The PlotStart and a number of the other "magic bean" products were debunked.

The bottom line was pretty much this:

For pH adjustment, fast = short-lived. Ag lime is the most cost effective if you have a way to apply it. Pelletized lime is less cost effective to buy, but can be much more easily applied with a simple broadcast spreader. Liquid products were by far the most expensive.

For foliar fertilization is best used by farmers to correct a short-term issue preventing crop failure until proper soil amendments can be applied and take effect. It is a very expensive way to apply fertilizer in general.

The takeaway is pretty much...If it seems too good to be true...it probably is...

Thanks,

Jack

Yep, Most over the top anything has been Bullsh*t. I have done trial after trial with everything you can image extra, most, not all, never recover the cost of the product, let alone help in anyway.