Been a hard few days at my house.

omicron1792

5 year old buck +
A coyote got our beloved family cat.

I live in a city, but in an area with lots of woods and big lots. The coyotes are out of control. My cat was an indoor cat, but would sneak out at times. Two yotes killed him on Friday night.

I’m not a vengeful guy, but I will get my revenge on those bastards.

Worst part. I was actually getting up early Saturday morning to go coyote hunting. Checked my game cameras and saw yotes on my home deer cams. Then saw video of them killing my cat. I found him 50 yards away. They just killed him then left him, what a waste.

That's stinks. Sorry to hear it.
Go get some revenge.

Can you trap in town or hit them with the coke/fly bait action (beware of neighborhood dogs)?

It’s hard Brian because of pets and god forbid kids.

IMG_4182.jpegIMG_4136.jpeg

havaheart traps work on some coyotes. Urban ones have to be more curious than rural ones. You get a few rural ones with them.

Crossbows are pretty silent. CZ 455 ultra lux with cci subsonic ammo is very quiet too....

Sorry for your loss. I got a siamese cat I call kitty evil. Picks fights with everything and anything. Had his leg pretty much peeled off but what we think was a bobcat. Last fall my in-laws next door saw a coyote chasing one of their cats. Got a motino dectector and green light for the 22 around thanksgiving time. Got 6 so far. Maybe put out leftover 30% of the time this past season.

Geez that sucks ! Go get em !

We see coyotes in town quite a bit at night,I'm sure strays are what they are after. Get 100 yards out side the city limits and call them in with bitch in heat.

Times like these, I think it’s important to turn to the good book for guidance.

2a1f57f57d2f9563e4c648ab1dbcab45.jpg

8f817b94f50242db365ba7a552a4bfac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your cat. Getting the video must be especially tough. We've been pretty lucky at the farm regarding predators for as long as I can remember. Or Alpha Cat "Pinky" is the biggest baby ever when it's lap time. But he goes out at night and has come back with a couple war wounds. Makes a guy wonder what he's up to after dark. He does his best work against the random feral cat that tries to infiltrate the pack, just fearless. I won't be surprised if he just disappears one night and doesn't return. Neutering him had no impact on his attitude.

Sorry to hear about your cat. Getting the video must be especially tough. We've been pretty lucky at the farm regarding predators for as long as I can remember. Or Alpha Cat "Pinky" is the biggest baby ever when it's lap time. But he goes out at night and has come back with a couple war wounds. Makes a guy wonder what he's up to after dark. He does his best work against the random feral cat that tries to infiltrate the pack, just fearless. I won't be surprised if he just disappears one night and doesn't return. Neutering him had no impact on his attitude.
We have two cats that are inside/outside and I don't really care for them too much but the one (who acts more like a dog) is just like the cat you describe, almost identical. He is starting to get me to come around on my feelings towards him and I'm afraid he won't come home one night.

Oh man, that’s the dumps Omi. Get those bastards!

I tried to get the SOBs eating my chickens but just caught a chicken in a foothold trap the first day I set it😂

Oh man, that’s the dumps Omi. Get those bastards!

I tried to get the SOBs eating my chickens but just caught a chicken in a foothold trap the first day I set it😂
Thanks my friend!

I spend my winters in the AZ desert. I call the land of "OZ". Far more pleasant place to spend winters for us....IMO. Anyway.....I live in a large gated senior community with over 6000 homes and three golf courses. The whole thing is either homes or golf courses.....with a little extra room as privacy green space. Lots of quail, rabbits, doves and waterfowl at the various ponds and "lakes" as they call 'em here. We got allot of coyotes here (and a few bobcats too) and they have easy pickings from the many rabbits and birds. But it seems they really like cats and dogs......and are quite innovative on stalking and catching small pets here. People with pets put up fences and concrete privacy walls (where permitted) to contain their pets.....but the coyotes have learned to scale these walls and can leap over most of the fences at six feet high and more. They also run along the top of the block walls to stalk their prey.

Almost daily, I read about coyote encounters while folks are out walking fido. Coyotes are smart critters....and we have watched them work as a team to take out somebody's pet while coyotes circle around both sides of the house at the same time to capture their prey. The coyotes get more brave each year.....as nobody can do much here to scare them off. I've hit a golf ball to a spot where a coyote is laying in the shade under bush.....and the coyote walks off a short ways to let me take my next shot.....and then returns to the shady spot where he way laying. No way a coyote would stick around like that in MN.

Adaptable critters.

Sorry man, that is rough.

Our pets are part of the family and it sucks to lose them.

One night years ago my older daughter let our big, happy black lab out the back door and stood there to wait for him to pee . He disappeared into the darkness (black lab) and she heard all kinds of sniffing, rustling, running at the edge of the timber and she could see eyes circling him reflected in the porch lights. Our old dog come blasting back to the house like his tail was on fire.

I can’t tell how how thankful I was that they didn’t get him especially in front of my daughter.

I hate coyotes. They are soulless, evil creatures.

Last edited:
i'll send you mine. Her name is Mayonnaise, she was great with kitten when we got her spayed, and she catches mice. Unfortunately, she doesn't kill them, she brings them into the garage live just to try to give my wife a coronary.

I don’t have any cats, but I have had several dogs. There are many predators big and small that can hurt them here. Lots of ticks, bees, bobcats, porcupines, coyotes, wolves, neighbors that trap, even a badger or two, I also had a mountain lion on camera years ago. I don’t leave my dog’s unattended outside, it’s only asking for problems. My neighbor use to have chickens and goats, they don’t last long up here.

Sorry to hear it man.
Enjoy your revenge!

Fantastic. How’d you get it done?

Thanks for the thumbs up @Bill Loser. I know we haven’t always seen eye to eye, but I know you’re a pet lover like me.