All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bean Plot Doing Well!

Good looking beans Mo! Should be a good food source with the brassicas and beean.

Good job on the video, John!

Good job on the video, John!

Thanks!

If it wasn't for all the F-Bombs I use, I could be on one of corny TV shows I think......well maybe not! LOL!

Beans look good. Looks about the same as a bean plot I have topseeded with rape/turnips/radish. My brassica plants are getting leggy and reaching for the sun too.

Thanks!

If it wasn't for all the F-Bombs I use, I could be on one of corny TV shows I think......well maybe not! LOL!

Is that recorded with your phone? Must take awhile to upload to youtube.

Is that recorded with your phone? Must take awhile to upload to youtube.

I use the same camera mounted on my bow. A sony HDR-CX210 Handy Cam. And it takes about 20 minutes to upload that length of video. We do have pretty good High Speed Internet at the Hunting Shack. So about 3 beers and Its done! LOL

Nice video John! Sounds like the bugs are thick in MO.

Nice video John! Sounds like the bugs are thick in MO.

Brutal with all the rain. skeeters and huge fricken deer fly's are everywhere.

Mo, when do you expect your beans will start to yellow?

Mo, when do you expect your beans will start to yellow?

4.5 maturity, down here?

Maybe the last week of sept.

The other bean plot on this farm doing good as well.

Cool video and great looking plot. Do you have much luck with the overseeded brassicas in bean plots that are fully canopied? I'm just wondering if they can germinate and hold their own in the shade until the first frost knocks off the beans or if they die if they don't see much sun?

Is the tillage radish best for overseeding like that or have you ever had any luck with a forage rape?

Cool video and great looking plot. Do you have much luck with the overseeded brassicas in bean plots that are fully canopied? I'm just wondering if they can germinate and hold their own in the shade until the first frost knocks off the beans or if they die if they don't see much sun?

Is the tillage radish best for overseeding like that or have you ever had any luck with a forage rape?

i use what I have left over from customers. But we sell a lot of tillage Radishes to farmers that broadcast them on standing corn around Aug 1st. The tillage radish seems to stay alive with minimal light. When the corn yellows up and dies off allowing light in the field, that is when they take off! Hoping the same thing will happen in the beans. Time will tell.

Both look great, keep up the good work. Are these on your MO or MN property?

Both look great, keep up the good work. Are these on your MO or MN property?

MO

Looks great, looks like it's gonna be a good year for u. Those beans are a mix of forage beans and ag beans? That's really impressive to see them holding up so well with a the browse.
Hey do u still have that buck u wounded walking around?

i use what I have left over from customers. But we sell a lot of tillage Radishes to farmers that broadcast them on standing corn around Aug 1st. The tillage radish seems to stay alive with minimal light. When the corn yellows up and dies off allowing light in the field, that is when they take off! Hoping the same thing will happen in the beans. Time will tell.
When you say Aug. 1, are you referring to Mn,. or Mo?
Is there there supposed to be a audio on video 2? I'm on a different 'puter and can't get it.

Looks great, looks like it's gonna be a good year for u. Those beans are a mix of forage beans and ag beans? That's really impressive to see them holding up so well with a the browse.
Hey do u still have that buck u wounded walking around?

Mix of 2 different ag beans. I want to make sure I get pods. They are key to deer draw in the fall.

I did get a picture a month ago of that wounded buck, I did not save it. But my buddy may have, as I sent it to him. I will see if he still has it.

When you say Aug. 1, are you referring to Mn,. or Mo?
Is there there supposed to be a audio on video 2? I'm on a different 'puter and can't get it.

Referring to MO

Yes there is some comments and audio.