Battery pruning shears?

Maddog66

5 year old buck +
I saw a YT video of a guy pruning apple trees with one. Up to 2” diameter! Very slick……my ‘order button’ finger started itching😂

I did a search and I must be late to this party because there appears to be around 10 of them out there already for sale. From under $100 chinesium, to over $1000 for a true “pro” model.

I’m already using the Milwaukee M12 platform for other things…..and their pruner is around $200. Tool only.

Any experience or recommendations from this group? FYI, I prune 50-70 trees per year…..my own, plus a few for friends.

Lol, I just asked about this in the other pruning thread.

Haha, Great minds? You left pics, though…..and I’m fine with deleting!

I instantly thought I needed one, on my first look. I’m also sure Milwaukee will have them available at least a month after I need to use it. 😂

Dont go cheap......

Doubt I will be in that position to prune that many to need that, but I'd go with the waukee too if I were to. Fought the temptation to buy felco lopping shears with my #8 pruner. Looking at new couch sets with the wife has waned my interest in purchasing anything..........

Dont go cheap......

I’m sure this is great and should be for 10-12x the price. I’m looking for opinions on a more budget friendly product.

I’m sure this is great and should be for 10-12x the price. I’m looking for opinions on a more budget friendly product.
If this was on a 10’ telescoping pole, they might get my money.

Yikes! There is the Lamborghini right there…

It looks like there are already a few aftermarket extension devices out there, for handheld battery pruners.

Will I miss having a jacked right forearm all day and a sore one all night? No.

I envision one of these in my right hand, and a felco 8 in my left. Getting all Edward Scissor Hands.

Between buying about a dozen trees, 30+ little guys, scions, agriform tablets, fencing, grafting supplies rootmaker pots,,and a setof felco shears. Im in thehole about a grand. Think my wallet will take a break. Atleast I got my year'sworth of clover, grains, fertilizer, and a new treestand or two to put up....... Just some bags of lime andI'm good.

Those shears were About 2300.......

CrazyEd, 200 trees...... You should have ordered that already. I have a good running, but 12 year old stihl ms261, been drooling over a electric saw as backup.

CrazyEd, 200 trees...... You should have ordered that already. I have a good running, but 12 year old stihl ms261, been drooling over a electric saw as backup.
My trees are really just starting to get significant size where I could probably justify something like that. But I was hoping a smaller setup like the Milwaukee would get me by.

Last season I spent plenty of money on 2 choppers and 2 cider presses. Should last a lifetime though so I’m ok with it.

Your post got me into the cider thing this year. You make fresh or hard or both? Dabinet, roxbury russet, hewes, harrison, liberty, granny smith, redfield, gin pears, bartlet, keiffer, and seckel pears on the way too.

Might put in a drip system this year. 2 rows of 9. That'll fill u the invest some more......

Your post got me into the cider thing this year. You make fresh or hard or both? Dabinet, roxbury russet, hewes, harrison, liberty, granny smith, redfield, gin pears, bartlet, keiffer, and seckel pears on the way too.

Might put in a drip system this year. 2 rows of 9. That'll fill u the invest some more......
We only did fresh cider this year. Maybe 40 gallons? That was kind of enough to handle in itself. Learned a lot about harvesting, processing, storage. Maybe this year I’ll try some hard cider depending on how the crop is. I am planning to hopefully do a solid 1st round of pruning on Friday this week.

Dewalt pruner handles 1.5” material and is a bargain at $129 bare tool, compared to other options.

As someone mentioned above, the M12 won’t be out until This pruning season is over.