Quality lopping shears

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
Any advice on a quality set. I usually have 2 kinds around, sometimes the same exact shear. One for trail / general maintenance, then one that is only used to prune desired trees, like apple or shrubs at home.

Fiskars seem ok....... I usally end up have the blade / jaw bend so they dont cut flush. That's likely me being rough on them. Looking for a decent quality one with a good opening. Can also recommend a nice medium sized jawed one for the finer cuts. Hoping to spend under $100. I maintain a 1.5 mile loop at hunting camp, and do a weekend or two of snowmobile trail maintenance. Sometimes the shears come with snowmobiling...

I bought a set of Stihl loppers a few years ago that I only use on our camp apple trees. They are by-pass loppers - not the anvil type that crush more than cleanly cut. I don't beat them up, and they've performed very well. Easy to sharpen, too. Sharp loppers & pruners = less work, less force on tools.

Felco and Corona also make great loppers if you're looking for quality tools.

I got a set of Fiskars loppers and one of their saws. If the tree/branch is too big for the loppers, I use the saw. They still work great after several years.