Cummin's Nursery - Facebook and Grafting/Pruning Class Schedule

I consider myself a pretty decent grafter. I still like to attend my local class if time permits . I try to help beginners, share advice, meet other apple enthusiasts, and get some scionwood.

I consider myself a pretty decent grafter. I still like to attend my local class if time permits . I try to help beginners, share advice, meet other apple enthusiasts, and get some scionwood.
Same here! You never know who you may meet or varieties that show up.

I can make March 5 class am in Carribean now can't make first class

I'm signed up for the Feb 5 grafting class. Thanks for the heads-up CrazyEd.

Not sure if anyone else is going but I am going the pruning class today. Nice cold, sunny day for it.

Not sure if anyone else is going but I am going the pruning class today. Nice cold, sunny day for it.

Didn't see this until now, just walked in the door. I am guessing you were the guy from Owego. I was the guy there with my daughter. Perfect day for it and I actually learned quite a bit, definitely worth it. I have been doing a lot of things right, but learned several things I will be doing a bit differently. I have read tons on pruning and I am self taught. I probably doubled my pruning knowledge in 2 hours. Good workshop.

Yes, I was the guy from Owego. It seemed too basic at first but then I started noticing the explanations that showed what I did wrong. I'll prune some more next weekend and look to correct a few mistakes. It was pretty good to look at the older trees and discuss how they got them back into shape. The old pears were impressive but I can't imagine how I'll get my young trees to eventually look like those.