Arrowhead and other historic/pre-historic collections

Picked up another broken one today on my lunch break. Would this be a side notch I’m guessing? IMG_9204.jpegIMG_9203.jpegI also found this, any chance it’s a grinding stone? Both sides are slightly dished out and discolored. IMG_9198.jpegIMG_9199.jpegIMG_9202.jpeg

Kinda looks like maybe a Godar?? You're into a promising spot it looks. Keep lookin!

Any idea what it might be? It’s big

Sometimes the big ones are "preforms". They make traveling, trading, and storage easier. Might be that?

I don't know either but it sure is a nice one. Makes me wanna go for a walk.

Picked up another one. What is this one?
View attachment 64969
I am guessing you are in the Northern Plains?

This is the closest one I could find.
https://typology.arrowheads.com/details.php?time=7&&region=NP&&shape=5&&arrowhead_id=837

LOK-0001.jpg

I am in east central Iowa
You might recognize some place names in this list: https://www.projectilepoints.net/Search/National_Corner.html

Last edited:
You might recognize some place names in this list: https://www.projectilepoints.net/Search/National_Corner.html

Thanks, I’ll check these out!

I should be out walking my fields more...

Do you have any sense how many acres you're covering per point?

I mostly walk streams for finding points on our properties. Whenever I walk any of our fields I feel like it is practically a waste of time because we have almost no rocks in any of them.

I mostly walk streams for finding points on our properties. Whenever I walk any of our fields I feel like it is practically a waste of time because we have almost no rocks in any of them.
I walked yesterday for about 45 minutes. I saw dirt and rocks

I really wish we could develop any sort of a creek game, just isn't happening for us. We'll try a few more times this summer. There's a spot in our creek that probably would be considered likely, based on it being just over the hillside from where we're finding some of this stuff, but the 2 bucks most likely to be my targets this fall, if they're alive, kinda come from that area. So I don't really want to go poking around in there.

I don't chart things like acres per point. Our walks are usually 30-60 minutes long, and our goal is always to find anything that was "worked". I'd guess we find something worked half the time. We have around 5 spots or so we rotate from, after rains. We realize we'll never find anything big that's still intact in our fields. Most of what we find has minor to major damage. Here are 2 more tips I found last week. The white one actually might be a Madison base, or a tip, can't really tell.

20240528_103438.jpg20240528_110414.jpg