Apple p orn

Thanks Steve !! ^^^ Nice apples.

Kerr and wolf river on b118, planted in 2012. Zestar g30 2013.
543bae325efc9a856e1905eb951fed7f.jpg
6b23fdbe503960bc9b5a08936f229127.jpg
6d92fddee7b01f7d387561e84dd466a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Chestnut crabs are almost ready for normal people to eat.

9a73848088099115822132842e1dbfff.jpg
f52617f3f2fa9ebb599a864e26c38401.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dolgo seeds are a bit darker.

@CrazyEd great to see ya here man, very impressive fruit loads. Oh what a day it will be when my trees are there just a few more years!

What! Chestnut crabs with dark seeds now?! On the tundra?! What! Gotta check mine. I’m just getting blush now and usually barely ripe on Labor Day. Good to see some russetting on those cuz I do have that.

All these pics are awesome. Gives me hope for the future. Really like that centennial crab

What! Chestnut crabs with dark seeds now?! On the tundra?! What! Gotta check mine. I’m just getting blush now and usually barely ripe on Labor Day. Good to see some russetting on those cuz I do have that.

Some have russeting, some don’t. Does it affect taste?

I was upstate this weekend, and 8 out of 10 trees made it through their first hot summer, with no help from me, 3 actually have a few fruit, I did loose a red fuji, and a yellow transparent. I saw the fuji struggling last trip up so I pruned it back hard, no it shows just a few buds breaking low on the stem but above the graft. It would need a cage and a miracle to survive now. transparent, gone dead to the dirt. no pics but maybe next trip.

jealousy consumes me @Jhoss !!

How is zestar to grow?

Grows like a weed! My biggest complaint and probably not the fault of the tree more the fault of the planter dude. I put it up on the crest of a hill, water table far below and kinda shaded. The tree grew to the sky way up and blooms like mad...but the June drop is quite alarming. Big giant with a few dozen fruits is all so far. This may change as it gets older- it’s 6 years old grafted onto Siberian Crab. Planted in a good spot it would be dynamite! It’s our second fav early apple behind Pristine.

I always like this thread!

I was upstate this weekend, and 8 out of 10 trees made it through their first hot summer, with no help from me, 3 actually have a few fruit, I did loose a red fuji, and a yellow transparent. I saw the fuji struggling last trip up so I pruned it back hard, no it shows just a few buds breaking low on the stem but above the graft. It would need a cage and a miracle to survive now. transparent, gone dead to the dirt. no pics but maybe next trip.

I had a Fuji planted in fall two years ago that didn't look great struggle and looked to have finally died. I kind of forgot about it and mid summer it had thrown a sprout above the graft that is now three feet tall and feathering. I cut away the old dead main trunk and am going to see what happens.

I always like this thread!

I had a Fuji planted in fall two years ago that didn't look great struggle and looked to have finally died. I kind of forgot about it and mid summer it had thrown a sprout above the graft that is now three feet tall and feathering. I cut away the old dead main trunk and am going to see what happens.
I did the same to an all winter hangover last year. Growing into a nice tree this year