Apple Cam Pics

Maya

5 year old buck +
Just flippin thru some pics and saw this one from the apple cam last year. It's just about time to get apple cams out, so I thought it would be fun to post some good apple cam pics on one thread. Try and get pics of deer and apples together. CDY_0008 (4).JPG Post em up!

Nice thread! Is that a wild tree or a known variety?

I put my 4 cameras out today, however I don't really have an apple tree cam yet. I am happy to report we have our first apples at the farm this year. I think I have a half dozen 3 year old trees on b.118 roots with a handful of apples. An Apple Cam is in my future! Maybe next year!

Nice Photo Maya! & Good idea on the apple cam...;)

Nice picture! I have to get my pear cam put up. It will be 2 weeks till I can get back to my place and get the cam out.
I don't have much luck with apple trees, but pears do great for me down here!
I usually get good pictures with them.

That was supposed to have been a Red delicious I got from the State of Vermont, but it wasn't, go figure! They couldn't even get their varieties right. It is pretty good for pies, and the deer like it.This is a wild tree in my back yard. DSCN0591.JPG DSCN0591.JPG DSCN0591.JPG DSCN0591.JPG

Last edited:
One of the first snows of the year a couple years ago in a wild apple orchard. This orchard is just a killing machine!CDY_0404.JPG

That was supposed to have been a Red delicious I got from the State of Vermont, but it wasn't, go figure! They couldn't even get their varieties right. It is pretty good for pies, and the deer like it.This is a wild tree in my back yard. View attachment 1388 View attachment 1388 View attachment 1388 View attachment 1388

George-You've got about 2 or 3 times as many deer in that picture as we see in a season.

TKS Maya! gives me hope that i may get to set up cams on my 8 young apple trees someday.. I think it will be my m111 liberty that I get apples from first. Its outgrowing all the others!!!

One of the first snows of the year a couple years ago in a wild apple orchard. This orchard is just a killing machine!View attachment 1389
That was a few years ago. We had a couple bad winters so they had no doe hunting for my zone for a year,Outback 08 427.jpg and then very few doe tags for another year. That was the result. We don't see that now. I see a lot of scrapes under my trees. This guy tore two orchards up a while back. Weird rack on him. He was a big buck, big track, but real small rack. I don't know how old, but I suspect just a fat 2 or 3 year old.

Doesn't take long Jordan, these trees were not more than 4 - 5Outback 08 190.jpg yo.

On a side note, my apples are a good 10-14 days behind normal due to the late spring. Anyone else notice that? At this rate my early apples are not going to mature until September! Pristine should mature about August 5th and they are not even close right now. I'm guessing around August 20th.

Hey maya besides a taste test is there any rules of thumb on how to tell if an Apple is ripe?

Here are a few from the last two years underneath a Macintosh in an orchard with 5 producing trees. The photos that say from '08 were just me forgetting to set the correct year and were from '13 :oops:. I was lucky enough to harvest the buck from the Wildgame camera a week after he was hanging out in my apple orchard!

that was my first time posting pics....looks like next time i need to go smaller! Sorry ;)

Nice pics SmallChunk! Just put in a few small brassica plots this afternoon and looked around some at the farm. Not much for acorns so I think the apples will get hit hard. Should be some good pics in a few weeks.

These are pics taken the last 2 years (cam is attached to a wild crab apple).

Attachments

• HUNT0180.JPG
    HUNT0180.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 8pt.JPG
    8pt.JPG
    914.8 KB · Views: 35
  • HUNT0121.JPG
    HUNT0121.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 27
  • HUNT0063.JPG
    HUNT0063.JPG
    254.6 KB · Views: 28
Buckvelvet & SmallChunk - I would love to see deer like that at my place... Nice job on the photo's...;)

CDY_0012 (3).JPG Put out another cam in an apple orchard yesterday. This is a cam in a bean field right on the other side of the orchard. They go right through the orchard and into this field.

Not sure if you ever saw this NH, I posted it a long time ago on the other site. This is an old orchard I reclaimed way up in the mountains in central Vermont. You can see some of the trees I cut down. Some of these trees are over 3' in diameter and still produce some tasty apples.middle road 006.jpg