Apple Cam Pics

here is another beauty after my apples I have been getting about 30 to 40 deer with about 15 different bucks in this one acre orchard which is also full of brassicasView attachment 2289[/ATTACH] View attachment 2290

When you say 1 acre orchard, how many trees do you plant in that 1 acre? THat's a cool idea to plant the brassica in there. I've thought of planting clover in my future orchard thinking the nitrogen would be used by the apples, or is that kind of a dumb idea?

Nwmn - I read in one of these threads earlier this year that planting clover in an orchard may not be a good idea if you spray your trees for insects. When spraying the trees, you could be killing bees that may be in the clover. Just a thought. In our hunting camp orchard, we just have grass growing in it, which we keep mowed, for that reason. I really like Aero's brassica idea for a one-stop-shopping place for fall/winter food source. Deer GOTTA love that!

I have about 50 trees in that orchard and I must admit I do plant some clover in with the brassicas so that in the spring the deer will have something to start them off but by the time I start to spray they have really nailed the clover I think pollination was an issue with me this year so I will be more careful to what I plant to attract bees. That orchard and brassica plot is getting a lot of traffic with 5 nice shooter bucks and tons of small ones as well as a lot of does and fawns. I like the does visiting as its getting to be bow season and when rut starts they will be coming for brassicas apples and some ..... oh well you guys know its the universal killer of all things male LOL

You nailed it, Aero!!! Attracting & keeping the girls around is the main lure for getting the " horns " to come around cruisin'. Good food & hot chicks.......... yessireeee. That's why my head's been on the wall for 28 years now!:D I fell for the smell of a roaster full of VENISON cooking at a party - my ( now ) wife was the one doing the cooking!! Call me
" Tagged ". Stop Laughing.

Ok TAGGED Here are a few more .... the apples are so good that the bucks are now fighting over them LOL Lots of antler in this picPICT0029.JPG

IMAG0471.JPG :-Passing through he didn't eat any apples lol

Ok TAGGED Here are a few more .... the apples are so good that the bucks are now fighting over them LOL Lots of antler in this picView attachment 2318

SUper cool sparring pic, I've only gotten with smaller bucks, never two nicer sized bucks sizing up.

Cool sparing pic, bet you wish you had it on video.

Great pic of the 2 sparring. Looks like some good ones are in your area!

The buck fighting pic is awesome but so far I think the moose wins!

One reason we have a low deer population to many coyotes around!orchard cam 2014-09-25 005 (800x450) (2).jpg

Attachments

• orchard cam 2014-09-25 005 (800x450) (2).jpg
    orchard cam 2014-09-25 005 (800x450) (2).jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 1
Looks like the coyotes are enjoying the apples as well! :)

Yes I wish I had it on video. I have coyotes also in the orchard. Just hope they don't come at the same time

NotCdy00019.JPG as good a pic as Aero's, but I caught 'em sparing this week too.

Nice Maya. I had my first Apple tree pull down from nears this year on a tree loaded with apples and I caught the culprit on this same Apple cam

Nice Maya. I had my first Apple tree pull down from nears this year on a tree loaded with apples and I caught the culprit on this same Apple cam
How bad is the tree?

Misspelling Bears not nears. It was bare and no leaves on the side on the ground. I restaked it and it seems to be ok. It had at least 2 bushels on it Oh well I will post a pic of the bandit tomorrow

Sorry to hear about the tree, Aero. Can you guys who grow apples to sell get a bear damage permit to whack the culprits? If farmers can get deer permits for crop damage, why couldn't you apple croppers? Money lost is money lost. Meat could be donated if not wanted for one's own use. Any Pa. guys know? What about other states?

Good luck and good times to all the bow hunters! Be safe.

We can't get beat damage permits. Pa bear season is basically 3 days and we kill about 3000 bear in the state every year. Most are killed In About 10 counties. That tree should make it as I have back upright and we got some rain last night which should help. PA is ver protective of its bear population and it's very well managed

Aero - I'm from Pa. so I know about the bear season, and the heavy kill counties. My camp is in one of them - Lycoming. I just didn't know if bear damage permits were available to apple growers that sell their crop.