anyone do a drone video of their property yet?

scoot52

5 year old buck +
Just wondering if anyone has used a drone to do a small vid of their land. My step son got a drone a few months ago and he is coming to my 40 this late winter and will do a vid. I will try and post the vid and explain how i have my 40 set up as far as hinge cut bedding sanctuaries and how I access it. My water hole placements and food plot placements and why I have them there. I think they look like a great scouting tool.

I ain't got one. But I would love to have one to see where all the neighbors are set up and where they are all baiting at.......

Not yet, but want to!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I don't have one but would like to have a video of my property.

I don't think I would use one enough to justify buying one so I'm stuck hoping someone I know gets one and will come out and video the property for me.

I bought myself one for Xmas. Flew it last night for the first time. Here are couple of videos I took. To windy to go to the porperty to fly today but I can't wait.

I bought myself one for Xmas. Flew it last night for the first time. Here are couple of videos I took. To windy to go to the porperty to fly today but I can't wait.

What model? How much Range? Time in the Air? Cost?

Looks cool!

DJI phantom 3, .5 mile range, 400 ft high, 25 minute air time. Depending where you get it and accessories price varies. I paid just over $500 for a kit that comes with an extra battery & a hard aluminum case. I believe I got a smokin deal on it from what I have been watching. Easy to fly. They make many models. The one I have is considered the pro/sumer version. I can't wait to fly it again.

Last edited:
Have you figured out how use gps waypoints to run a course over your property yet? I think these things are awesome! Congrats on getting one.

DJI phantom 3, .5 mile range, 400 ft high, 25 minute air time. Depending where you get it and accessories price varies. I paid just over $500 for a kit that comes with an extra battery & a hard aluminum case. I believe I got a snokin deal on it from what I have been watching. Easy to fly. They make many models. The one I have is considered the pro/sumer version. I can't wait to fly it again.

looks like it takes great video.

Have you figured out how use gps waypoints to run a course over your property yet? I think these things are awesome! Congrats on getting one.

Haven't figured that out yet but if it's like anything else to do with this model it should be easy. It also has a follow me mode which it will follow the controller at speeds up to 35 mph. That will work sweet with the ATV.

looks like it takes great video.
I haven't had the chance to do anything in day light yet but from the looks of the night video they should be great. The pictures are also really good, I just didn't post them.

Last edited:
I ain't got one. But I would love to have one to see where all the neighbors are set up and where they are all baiting at.......
That is exactly what I am going to do next year, attempted to this year but the kid who has the drone had to cancel at the last minute when we were going to do it and then we couldn't get together on another time to do it before hunting started. The neighboring land is leased for hunting and the landowner told me they have bait piles. I have personally seen one on their side of the fence but I never caught anyone hunting over it even though they had a stand 50 yards from it. They aren't guilty till they are doing it so the co couldn't do anything about it.

I want to also, would love to get an aerial vid and some pics.

My daughter's nana got her one for Christmas. I think the non-sale price was $130 so it's not a high end model but supposedly has HD video and picture. I just flew it for the first time. Supposedly has a range of 350' and will last 10 minutes on 1 battery. Obviously not the ideal drone for video of the woods but it's still neat to goof with. Got through the first battery run of 10 minutes and that's what it took to get the hang of it. Not sure if I want to video the woods with this lower end model, I'll probably drop it in the trees.

Wife got me one for Christmas

Intro drone, I don't think it was too pricy; probably a perfect model for me to crash a few times before buying a fancy one!!

I think the reported range is like 150 yards which isn't far but you can only fly it by sight so that is probably far enough. 8-10 minutes flight time per battery, doesn't sound long but it seems to be long enough for screwing around and taking some orchard pictures and for driving the dogs crazy.

I must say that I'm impressed by the picture and video quality from the included camera. I will be sure to post pics and video here in the next 2 weeks of my trees.

I can't stand baiting or baiters, even when legal. So no argument as to the intention. But if somebody flew a drone over my property to see where I was setting up or to be the neighborhood "bait police" I'd be shooting that thing out of the sky like a Patriot on a Scud missile.

Wife got me one for Christmas

Intro drone, I don't think it was too pricy; probably a perfect model for me to crash a few times before buying a fancy one!!

I think the reported range is like 150 yards which isn't far but you can only fly it by sight so that is probably far enough. 8-10 minutes flight time per battery, doesn't sound long but it seems to be long enough for screwing around and taking some orchard pictures and for driving the dogs crazy.

I must say that I'm impressed by the picture and video quality from the included camera. I will be sure to post pics and video here in the next 2 weeks of my trees.
Which one did you get ?

I can't stand baiting or baiters, even when legal. So no argument as to the intention. But if somebody flew a drone over my property to see where I was setting up or to be the neighborhood "bait police" I'd be shooting that thing out of the sky like a Patriot on a Scud missile.

Careful with that, the law is on the drone operator's side. As long as they are following all FAA regulations, you are criminally liable for the damages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Careful with that, the law is on the drone operator's side. As long as they are following all FAA regulations, you are criminally liable for the damages.

Drone? What drone?

I would like one for my side of the fence. Just can't justify it.

Drone? What drone?

I would like one for my side of the fence. Just can't justify it.

Most of those stream live video to the handheld which is recording right there in the operator's hands. All they have to do is show the officer the video and your "what drone" falls apart.
Just giving a heads up, because there have already been numerous altercations regarding drones and vigilantes.