Any rubbing posts in?

Hitting my tag alders too! Got what appears to be a shooter here right at dusk two days ago, he was exiting the brush running after does, so it's hard to tell. two other yearlings chasing does too.
6FBE41CF-0550-486D-8C5F-4B0B57C27417.jpg

Here is a little action from the buck pole tonight!

buck-pole.gif

On the 7th day John created a slideshow....how do u do that? The film looking icon to the right of the picture icon.

I made a .GIF with some graphics design software. You can do it online too if you google ".gif creator online". Then I simply uploaded the picture like you would a .JPG.

I only posted it because they were sequential pictures, and thought the size difference made it interesting.

I plan on making a movie of this rubbing post. A time lapse of sorts, when the season is over.

I'm hooked on the rubbing posts. Every deer in the county has visited it at least once this fall.

I'm trying to come up with an idea so I can put one at every stand (or nearly so). A forest setting isn't as obvious to the deer as out in a food plot.

More experimenting to do I guess!

-John

Here is a little action from the buck pole tonight!

I can't get a good look at that buck cause he keeps flashing. But he looks like a toad, when he flashes up.

He isn't very large. Just happened to show up right after the fawn.

Nothing like MO deer, that's for sure :)

Getting more rubs and scrape lines now. Things are heating up. (yeah, I know....the dates are wrong)
image.jpg image.jpg

There are three trees here that get rubbed pretty good each year. I have no deer to show for it......yet :D

I made a .GIF with some graphics design software. You can do it online too if you google ".gif creator online". Then I simply uploaded the picture like you would a .JPG.

I only posted it because they were sequential pictures, and thought the size difference made it interesting.

I plan on making a movie of this rubbing post. A time lapse of sorts, when the season is over.

I'm hooked on the rubbing posts. Every deer in the county has visited it at least once this fall.

I'm trying to come up with an idea so I can put one at every stand (or nearly so). A forest setting isn't as obvious to the deer as out in a food plot.

More experimenting to do I guess!

-John

I'm thinking horizontal might get their attention in the woods.

I put two rubbing posts in with overhanging branches a weeks ago and they got hit right away. The action on them has slowed considerably. The pics below are from a poplar.