Any rubbing posts in?

All except one of ours have been hit, some demolished. Using poplar fyi

No rubbing posts put I planted some large bayberry shrubs I got on clearance from a nursury sale and one of them was shredded to pieces. Bucks in my area don't even rub that much. I might see a handful every year but this guy really didn't like where I planted that shrub. Hopefully I will avenge the shrub this Saturday.

first year putting a post in and I got it in tonight. in the middle of a clover field that hasn't seen any buck activity since early june. used an aspen tree, so hopefully it spurs some activity. any difference in usage with plot size? I've got a large plot where I wanted to put one right in the middle, or should I keep it closer to an inside corner (s)

I'd say within range of your stand.

This is a 2-3in basswood. This is also our biggest buck on camera. As stated in other threads, we struggle to get our older bucks to survive the winters and wolves. No scents used on the rubbing tree, just boot scraped under the branch. Lots of pics don't really show any interest yet. Has been in almost 2 weeks.

Attachments

• 9-23-14 Sw Turnips (4).JPG
    9-23-14 Sw Turnips (4).JPG
    545.3 KB · Views: 28
Still quiet by me, wondering if my posts are fresh enough

We just got done doing a card pull. No rubbing activity or licking branch activity on either of our 2 posts.

Mine has been like a magnet. A little rubbing goiong on but every deer in the neighbior hood has come by and licked a branch or 2.

Mine has been like a magnet. A little rubbing goiong on but every deer in the neighbior hood has come by and licked a branch or 2.
Did you add any artificial scent at the post or did they start on their own?

It must be kinda early yet. I'm gonna give my posts another week or so before I replace them.

All of mine have been worked over, more working the branches than rubbing the actual tree. 3 of 4 are now leaning to the point the licking branches are too close to the ground or in the sky. What are you guys doing to keep them upright? Some are spinning around too. Lots of rain so the ground it soft.

Did you add any artificial scent at the post or did they start on their own?
Added nothing to it.

We planted 3 rub/scrape trees. All have been rubbed and or scraped.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 6
Got a pic from my friend yesterday...he put this out just last wed and got this already.

^^^^^this an alder?

Willow

Well I can't figure out how to insert video but here are some clips of bucks absolutely shredding the willows. My friend put these out at 3pm and had bucks on them within a couple hours. I think he said 4 different bucks hit it the first night.

Here are the links to the video clips:
http://vid333.photobucket.com/albums/m388/fisc0319/Aaron/IMG_0037_zps4drs7asb.mp4
http://vid333.photobucket.com/albums/m388/fisc0319/Aaron/IMG_0035_zps3zqujttf.mp4
Diff buck:
http://vid333.photobucket.com/albums/m388/fisc0319/Aaron/IMG_0020_zpspf4yy8op.mp4

BTW he just killed a big browed buck sunday off his land that he had night video of hitting his rubbing posts.

WOW....Nothing on my 2 as of last Thur. They were put in the middle of Sept. Do they need to be fresh?

They just started hitting my basswoods I put in early September

WOW....Nothing on my 2 as of last Thur. They were put in the middle of Sept. Do they need to be fresh?
I don't think they need to be fresh, but if you have bucks in the area they will hit fresh ones fast.