Any Ideas

Peeps

5 year old buck +
I have an Oberg Plum, a Patten Plum, and a Waterville Pear that all look thin and have leaves looking like this. They were all planted in 2015 from SLN. None have ever produced any fruit. This is the first time they have looked like this. It has been hot and dry here lately. 27466258-3B37-428C-BF90-8BD885E18FB3.jpeg

Attachments

• 5A05383B-308C-435E-9F67-90B43248BF9B.jpeg
    5A05383B-308C-435E-9F67-90B43248BF9B.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 24
Herbicide drift?

Leaf twisting and curling like that is normally herbicide injury.

That’s weird as I haven’t sprayed anything this year and my neighbors aren’t close.

Here is a possibility:

That’s weird as I haven’t sprayed anything this year and my neighbors aren’t close.
Spread any weed and feed on the lawn?

Dicamba can travel pretty far but I would think other stuff would be affected also.

I did fertilize around all my trees with 10-10-10 lime I do every year.

Have a late frost?? Aphids can cause leaves to roll - but it's usually easy to see aphids on leaves & stems. Check for Native Hunter's suggestions above. He usually has good tips on such things.

Post another pic in a week or so. If those curling, browning leaves turn to dark brown/black and curl up like a shepherd's hook = fireblight. I'm not sure if plums get fireblight or not however.

Have a late frost?? Aphids can cause leaves to roll - but it's usually easy to see aphids on leaves & stems. Check for Native Hunter's suggestions above. He usually has good tips on such things.
Yes we got down to 25 during a late freeze

Yes we got down to 25 during a late freeze
If it's frost "burn", the trees may push new growth with more time as the season goes on. We had some plants nipped by late frost, and some of the leaves turned brown and curled, but they seem to be bouncing back with new growth being pushed. Hopefully your tree will too. Keep us posted, and best of luck.

I watered them good last weekend and gave them a good spray of Imadan and Captan and now they look much better. 🤞