Ideas for mowing foodplots

You can skip the mowing and spray your plots. I built a tire drag and leave it up at camp. Some folks do throw and mow with tire drags and no spraying. I use 3 17" pickup truck tires. MY 400cc honda could handle a 5 or 6 tire easily. Could make a concrete cultipacker and leave it. Maybe have the tire drag too for that one area where it might be tough moving the cultipacker too.

If going the push mower route. Purchase a blade that is 1 inch smaller. Gives alot more room inside the deck. Any opening up of the deck you can do helps.

Also, those air filters get dirty quick. Check it when mowing tall dead grass and the motor seem to stall out more often.

I am still surprised when I run my swisher 42" rough cut mower. Just how much it can mow and chop without stalling. Even having the failing 11hp motor with rod knock on it. Should be a total animal when I get around to put the new 13hp on it. In combination with an TV it's hard to beat. I'd just figure out an easier way to get it on the trailer. Maybe a cheap 12v winch.
I think many here are trying to decrease use of herbicides. The change in weather terminates 99% of summer crops before fall for me.

If a few pop up, spot spray.

Mikeo,

I maintain a little over a mile of snowmobile trail. one section is just rocky enough to hit a rock here n there. I am looking for a solution to increasing ground height for that section. Could be bigger 8 inch rim wheels. Mght just cut and weld an extension on the framework.

I removed the rear sheild and it gave e about another 1/2" more clearance.

gis4,

I have a gravely 60 inch with a 32 or so hp kawasaki. I think the highest setting is either 5 or 5.5 inches. Very fast and powerful. If the grass is wett that deck sucks. The swisher type mower has no shrouds around the blades except for one small spot. Day and night difference. Im guessing here, the swisher addas another inch to the max setting of the zero turn.

Look into a Yamaha Terro pro. They only made them in 1988 and they have all kinds of attachement like a finish mower, brush hog auger, snowblower etc.

I had one since 2001 and used the brush hog to cut my food plots and trails until I bought a tractor in 2003 and haven't used it since. The finish mower has been attached to the ATV since 2003 to cut my lawn at the house.

I am thinking about selling it for $2000 or trading it for another ATV because I am getting too old changing out the mower belts every few years and going with a zero turn. I had a lot of work recently done to the ATV like new battery, Carburetor rebuilt, all the fluids changed. I have a new belt for the finish mower that needs to be installed and like I said I have not used the brush hog since 2003 which has be stored in a shed. However, when I took all the wheels for the brush hog & FM to a small engine shop in town he lost a pair of my tires so there are no tires on the BH. Machine is located in 18824 in NE PA.