Any GunSmiths on Here?

Because they're $100 cheaper than the M&P at LEO discount. Glock isn't as popular with LEO's as they once were. There's much better guns out there than a brand new one that needs a trigger kit to be acceptable - look at the thread you're posing in. ;)
Yea............only about 80% of the market.

Minneapolis issues..... M&P's :eek:

Minneapolis issues..... M&P's :eek:

Ask the cops in MPLS what they would rather carry!

I hate glocks. I've never been one to hide that position. The grip angle makes them point high for me, and I absolutely hate their mile long squishy gritty triggers, that you're complaining about here now. Add to that the fact they're ugly and machined in the most expedient way possible to keep costs down and maximize profits - it's not a gun I have any desire to own.

Police use them because they were 1/3 the cost of the Model 59 and it's derivatives which were replacing the wheel guns in the late 70's and early 80's, and Gaston was genius for seizing the LEO market which wasn't controlled by the actual shooters, but rather the bean counters in the office trying to make their municipal budgets go as far as possible.

In 1985 they were a bargain compared to the all metal S&W when all you needed was a gun that went bang. If that's all you care about in a firearm, get a Hi Point and save another $250!

I hate glocks. I've never been one to hide that position. The grip angle makes them point high for me, and I absolutely hate their mile long squishy gritty triggers, that you're complaining about here now. Add to that the fact they're ugly and machined in the most expedient way possible to keep costs down and maximize profits - it's not a gun I have any desire to own.

Police use them because they were 1/3 the cost of the Model 59 and it's derivatives which were replacing the wheel guns in the late 70's and early 80's, and Gaston was genius for seizing the LEO market which wasn't controlled by the actual shooters, but rather the bean counters in the office trying to make their municipal budgets go as far as possible.

In 1985 they were a bargain compared to the all metal S&W when all you needed was a gun that went bang. If that's all you care about in a firearm, get a Hi Point and save another $250!

Good pile of rambling there! Hahahahaha!

I'll give glock an A+ for one thing and that's their marketing strategy. They entered the market at the perfect time and got large police departments in the US on board by offering bulk discounts. Once all these PD's were on board the public perceived the glock as THE preferred law enforcement pistol. This allowed them to sell millions of glocks to the public at a much higher profit margin than those sold to the PD's. It still works today. MO and others buy and support glocks because "all cops carry them". Even new officers that don't know squat about guns still buy glocks because that's what "everyone carries". However this strategy is beginning to lose its grip. The m&p is a quality product which is superior to glock in many ways and the market is noticing. Glocks share of the police market is skewed due to the large cost departments face if they want to change. Not just the guns themselves but duty holsters are expensive. Give it time and glock will be surpassed in the police market and the public market will follow.

Funny, all the Deputy's I know have to buy there own weapons. And they buy Glock's after shooting them all.

One carries a Sig. He likes that better than a Glock. Not one M&P for some reason!

Must be because they suck for several reasons I guess!

If Glock is not a superior firarm how come all the hot sellers such as m&p, Springfield xdm's, ruger sr an several others have basically copied their platform an simply added their own little twist? I like G because they are simple! A 10 yr old could learn how to take one apart an reassemble. Triggers feel great to me even stock ain't bad. Their nothing like a finely tuned 1911 but that's a different animal.
My next purchase will be a smith an Wesson shield to replace kahr cw9 for CC unless G comes out with a single stack 9 then I will be going that route

If Glock is not a superior firarm how come all the hot sellers such as m&p, Springfield xdm's, ruger sr an several others have basically copied their platform an simply added their own little twist? I like G because they are simple! A 10 yr old could learn how to take one apart an reassemble. Triggers feel great to me even stock ain't bad. Their nothing like a finely tuned 1911 but that's a different animal.
My next purchase will be a smith an Wesson shield to replace kahr cw9 for CC unless G comes out with a single stack 9 then I will be going that route

Check the safety issue on the shield if that has been figured out yet before you buy!

Funny, all the Deputy's I know have to buy there own weapons. And they buy Glock's after shooting them all.

One carries a Sig. He likes that better than a Glock. Not one M&P for some reason!

Many cops aren't "shooters." One of my friends is a retired LEO and current LEO trainer and if you'd like to swap stories you can join us at 98 Pounds Buffet in Bloomington on the first wed of every month for lunch. Safest place in the world is usually in front of a cop with their side arm. As long as you're not between them and an appendage.

You'll love it. Got one for the wife and I think I might repo it for me! Just because a weapon is striker fired does not make it a copy of a glock in any way. LEO got on the glock train because of $$$$ and Jim timber and buckler are right....most cops are not even close to being firearms experts let alone serious shooters.
M&p are super easy to take down and reassemble as well.....and no need to pull the trigger in the process.

Have you actually ever even shot am m&p? Doesn't sound like it. Actually sounds like you do very little shooting of any type.

Have you actually ever even shot am m&p? Doesn't sound like it. Actually sounds like you do very little shooting of any type.

Yes, at Boones guns in Isle, MN. Did not like the idea of making foreplay with the trigger trying to make it shoot. Worse trigger on the Market! That is why most LE switch them out when there departments make the mistake of buying those guns that come 50 in a card board box.

Cop gear is like buck on the bag food plot seed. If your going to buy a glock because cops use it then you should buy whitetail institute clover because all the experts use it.

I don't know how you guys do things up there but I got many PO friend all of which are exceptional shots! Are some better than others absolutely. Am I better than some. You becha
Cop gear is like buck on the bag food plot seed. If your going to buy a glock because cops use it then you should buy whitetail institute clover because all the experts use it.
Apples to oranges comparison my friend

I don't know how you guys do things up there but I got many PO friend all of which are exceptional shots! Are some better than others absolutely. Am I better than some. You becha

Apples to oranges comparison my friend
Not really...it's all glossed over marketing hype....I'm pretty sure gaston himself would agree....that dude is batshit crazy and his soon to be ex wife is gonna take him for half of everything!

Yes, at Boones guns in Isle, MN. Did not like the idea of making foreplay with the trigger trying to make it shoot. Worse trigger on the Market! That is why most LE switch them out when there departments make the mistake of buying those guns that come 50 in a card board box.
Worse trigger on the market...but yet you're OP was about adjusting the trigger on the glock!

Another friend is a Sgt in Baxter and a competitive shooter - he'd kick my ass run-n-gun'n. His competition pistol is a 2011 (which is what I daily carry btw). If glock was so fantabulous, why wouldn't he shoot it for 3 gun? I'm pretty sure he carries one on duty but I never bothered to look.

Another friend is a Sgt in Baxter and a competitive shooter - he'd kick my ass run-n-gun'n. His competition pistol is a 2011 (which is what I daily carry btw). If glock was so fantabulous, why wouldn't he shoot it for 3 gun? I'm pretty sure he carries one on duty but I never bothered to look.

Maybe he is a moron?