AA Trail cam batteries

So I finally needed to get into that 24 pack from amazon (since my current liths were lasting so well) and they are indeed junk! The ones I received are rejects or fakes. Dying after 1 week.

Wow. good to know. I've still not had any issues with them.

So I finally needed to get into that 24 pack from amazon (since my current liths were lasting so well) and they are indeed junk! The ones I received are rejects or fakes. Dying after 1 week.
I've had decent luck with them. They're definitely a step below engergizer or duracell but I thought they were decent. If you have a camera that's tough on batteries I wouldn't use them. I have a bunch of older Cuddeback C and E's and they work fine in them.

I don't use them in my Browning though.

I've tried them all. As far as alkaline goes I've not really found a difference. Duracells are probably the worst from my experience. I generally stick with Rayovac High Energy now and am very satisfied with them during warmer months.

Once it gets cold (well below freezing) ill switch to lithiums.

I've saw no real difference in the warmer months between alkaline and lithiums.

I did
I've had decent luck with them. They're definitely a step below engergizer or duracell but I thought they were decent. If you have a camera that's tough on batteries I wouldn't use them. I have a bunch of older Cuddeback C and E's and they work fine in them.

I don't use them in my Browning though.

There are lots of negative reviews on amazon for the energizer lithiums but i found them on varying package sizes and vendors that i would have hoped aren't all counterfeit?

I dug around a little on testing methods today. I might check mine out with a multimeter just to see if there are any obvious duds before using more. Anyone done that before?

This morning at walmart Energizer lithiums were $25 for an 8 pack. I bought rayovacs.

This morning at walmart Energizer lithiums were $25 for an 8 pack. I bought rayovacs.

Same at Target recently. Makes cell cams real freakin expensive. I need to start moving them to solar/external batteries.

I've been getting 2 packs of 24 every few months from Amazon with their auto-ship deal for quite some time, but the last 3 shipments were cancelled due to no stock. Now the current one that may be coming currently says $66.95 for each 24 pack. I've cancelled it.
Did get some from Zoro.com and Zerbee.com- both had and probably still do have 10% off via email sign-up. Just got a 20% off coupon from Zoro for being a customer but haven't tried it yet. That place has 2 different prices for the 24 pack- cheapest is $46.83. I contacted them and they're both the same, just one is shipped from a different distributor or whatever. Zerbee's is the cheapest at the moment($44.36) with the 10% off, even compared to the other with 20% off.
You'd have to order 2 boxes from either company to get free shipping..unless there's some new deal going on.

Last edited:
I use Energizer Lithium, buying them from Target with free shipping.
Since my cameras are in my yard ( 16) I have built 5 cell NiMH packs that last about a week taking 70-100 one minute videos.
The radio control guys use 5 cell packs to get quicker servos
I have video on how to do conversions if anyone wants to see.
I also have a lot of LiPoly packs around so I use buck converters ( one lipoly cell driving 6 volt circuit or two Lipoly cells regulated to 6 volts) the latter is the most reliable. Circuits are about $1 each

Has anyone tried the Ninmax brand at Amazon?
I've used the Bevigor brand in the past. Didn't do an exact side-by-side comparison but they didn't seem to last as long as the Energizers. Ended up using them just for pictures.

Also..I noticed Energizer has an "Industrial" lithium AA now. Maybe they're just changing the name or maybe they've always been around.

Revive an older thread…What’s a good off brand for AA batteries on Amazon ?

Or any other site,?

I haven't looked for anything cheaper than rayovacs, they are pretty cheap. But maybe it's just lithium prices that make me feel that way.