6ft no till conservation drill $3500 - is this a good deal?

alldaysit

5 year old buck +
Found this while searching on Craigslist with my habitat wishlist. Thought maybe someone on here is closer than I am to go and check this out. I'm not sure if this s a great deal or not, it just seems like it is. Any opinions?

6ft no till conservation drill $3500
http://carbondale.craigslist.org/grd/5972302930.html

I am just starting to look into no till drills. Some I have seen in this size have a cultipacker for the same price.

I would check out new versions specifically designed for food plotters. That would give you a comparison.

It's about 10 minutes from my house

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I can't tell exactly what it is, but I'd say it's heavier than most "food plot" machine you will buy.

I can't tell exactly what it is, but I'd say it's heavier than most "food plot" machine you will buy.

Yes, food plot drills like my little Kasco No-till Versadrill are like toys compared to a Tye or Great Plains or similar no-till scale farm drill.

Some of you guys must be pretty close to me, that's about a hr north of where I'm at. He has other no till listings as well, must redo them or something.

If it's fully functional, that's a sweet machine... $3500 is in the ballpark.

I've used Truax for most of my seed drilling needs & I strongly endorse their product.

Hard to tell from just a front on blurry pic. But that seems to in the order of Great Plains or land pride drill

Google used Great Plains 606NT. You won't find a price anywhere near that good. At least I couldn't when I was looking.

Looks like he modified a regular drill into a no till. JD in no way would have a frame that color.

Looks like he modified a regular drill into a no till. JD in no way would have a frame that color.

I'm not certain it's no-till, that pic leaves a lot to be desired.

I texted the fella and this is his response:

I didn't think it was a 3pt lol

"The 3pt notill is sold but I am building more, call me if you are still interested or have other auestions"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk