Roller Crimper ..I can do bad without help but a good deal ..I think

Brokenbear

5 year old buck +
Well I was going to use my single roller cultipacker to terminate with but I just don't think the old girl is up to the acres I was going to drag her through ..
So I been cogitating on building or buying and the materials alone are nuts ..even buying used pipe for the roller pipe is ridicules ..

So cruising the internet ..looking at ag equipment sites , auctions and reading what I can about them and I got a little sniff about a company in the midwest (just one name and not the whole name) whose name was familiar ...couldn't for the life of me recall why it was familiar to me ..

Dumbbutt me ...it is the brand of headache rack n forks that came on my John Deere tractors front end loader as well as the bucket ..

The sniff came when two guys on a forum were talking a popular but expensive brand and that this company I tracked down once made/supplied them with roll crimpers ..

Long story short ..I bought one.. 8' 3 point .. $3799 delivered ..I am unsure of the forums rules but I would think trading sources for improving habitat is ok ..also know I have no dog in this except it seems to be a pretty good deal ..as compared to the prices I have seen in the market place ..it is imported and I know from talking to the sales rep 3 weeks ago they were out of the 6' but more 6 & 8'coming in September but had 2 each of the 8'footers left

1691101116807.png

Well I was going to use my single roller cultipacker to terminate with but I just don't think the old girl is up to the acres I was going to drag her through ..
So I been cogitating on building or buying and the materials alone are nuts ..even buying used pipe for the roller pipe is ridicules ..

So cruising the internet ..looking at ag equipment sites , auctions and reading what I can about them and I got a little sniff about a company in the midwest (just one name and not the whole name) whose name was familiar ...couldn't for the life of me recall why it was familiar to me ..

Dumbbutt me ...it is the brand of headache rack n forks that came on my John Deere tractors front end loader as well as the bucket ..

The sniff came when two guys on a forum were talking a popular but expensive brand and that this company I tracked down once made/supplied them with roll crimpers ..

Long story short ..I bought one.. 8' 3 point .. $3799 delivered ..I am unsure of the forums rules but I would think trading sources for improving habitat is ok ..also know I have no dog in this except it seems to be a pretty good deal ..as compared to the prices I have seen in the market place ..it is imported and I know from talking to the sales rep 3 weeks ago they were out of the 6' but more 6 & 8'coming in September but had 2 each of the 8'footers left

View attachment 55499
do you have a link to the site?

bill

I'm interested as well if you can't post the link. Thanks.

Sent goliath an email asking if they are making a 4 foot crimper and was basically told I don't understand manufacturing costs rudely. Even asked for the superior to call me back and of course crickets. Talk about negative customer service. Keep this in mind before purchasing. Broken bear I am still waiting to see if the brand you purchased will build a reasonably priced 4 foot in pull type as this is the future.

Well there is no place for rudeness when dealing with folks ..perhaps the person was saying labor and freight are a large part of the cost whether the roller is 4 foot or 6 or 8' wide the cost of the major components are the same ..
Another thought ...a 4' wide roll crimper (to be effective) is going to have to be very large in diameter for water weight to be meaningful ..or filled with concrete or heavy steel cased for the roller portion ,,
If you search "pull type crimp roller" there are several builders ..and in your size ..but as you are discovering reduced size is not necessarily connected to reduced price !
Titan Attachments is geared to agriculture sized equipment and they may not be your best option for smaller compact tractor attachments ..hope I'm wrong!

Bear

Bear the deal you got is outstanding. So when comparing apples to apples I am not so sure that cost is justified. I even talked with kunz engineering and they were agast at the prices being put on consumers due to the amount of metal needed to build it.

Let's be honest what you got is almost 2k less in price. So is the extra 2k really a better mousetrap. Titan is looking at building a 4 foot and we shall know in 6 months if this will be a go. It's obvious the Market is clamoring for this product n price point.

Sent goliath an email asking if they are making a 4 foot crimper and was basically told I don't understand manufacturing costs rudely. Even asked for the superior to call me back and of course crickets. Talk about negative customer service. Keep this in mind before purchasing. Broken bear I am still waiting to see if the brand you purchased will build a reasonably priced 4 foot in pull type as this is the future.

I take posts like this offensively. I own and operate a business. I would not have wasted my time during my busy season to shoot you an email let alone call you. Call it poor customer service if you like. The fact is you are not a customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^as in not a current customer and may never be due to owner lack of communication. Reminds me of a landscape company that has a mini excavator parked by the road not 10 mins from my land. Even had a sign at one time that said rent me. Called two different times for pricing. Return call..... crickets. Kinda pisses me off as close by and just the right size I can still haul on my 12k trailer. Now I have to try and stop sometime when I can see someone in the yard. Ok you are busy...for now.

^^^^as in not a current customer and may never be due to owner lack of communication. Reminds me of a landscape company that has a mini excavator parked by the road not 10 mins from my land. Even had a sign at one time that said rent me. Called two different times for pricing. Return call..... crickets. Kinda pisses me off as close by and just the right size I can still haul on my 12k trailer. Now I have to try and stop sometime when I can see someone in the yard. Ok you are busy...for now.
That does suck. But like you said you have a trailer and can haul one. Its a free market and you can spend your money however you want. If one isn't interested on to the next one.

Thank you for the information slick. I really appreciate it. Ty

I have a 4' I&J unit. Well built. Heavy to flip over between wheels and crimper sides.

Grizz. How do you like it. I watched a video on it. It appears well made. Does it take 2 people to flip it over. Any pics of it m what it does in the field

Grizz. How do you like it. I watched a video on it. It appears well made. Does it take 2 people to flip it over. Any pics of it m what it does in the field
Works well, when we actually have enough to crimp and time it properly. They're an Ag company, so they know what they're doing. Sorry, no pics that I can remember.

Looks like the hitch portion is 2" square tubing. Might be asble to ask them to make it 2 feet longer. A bit extra length will make it easier to flip.