No-till drill - price of a used (but good) one?

Greed is somewhat of a factor.....but some inflated costs and shipping got really crazy for a while. The manufacturers get a bit goofy when they cannot figure out what is going to happen.....and I cant say as I blame them as they may not be able to replace inventory without higher prices either. I been on both ends of those situations a number of times. Back in the 70's I took lots of orders for aluminum that were all priced "based on current prices at time of deleivery". At some point availability becomes more important than price to some folks.....and others do without. We all have choices. 'Merica.

Same. Got a 3p600 with 34 acres planted for 8500
I WISH I would find a bargain like that now.. Been looking for something like you found.....and can tell the market has loosened up quite a bit. I wonder if some price concessions on the new stuff wont happen before long. Lots more machines available now. I see a good used 3P 600 with small seed box at about $12,500 now.....and it gets me tempted again. I doubt were going back to 2020 prices again.....but I sure didn't like the big 2022 prices jump.

Kind of wish I would have considered these 2 point 5.5' esch drill when i bought my 3'er. Fair bit cheaper than the equivalent pull type ones (still stupid expensive). But I bet my tractor could still handle one on my flat ground and without the end wheels I could actually get it to my plots without having to cut neighbor's trees like I would with a 606NT.

Last edited:
Greed is somewhat of a factor.....but some inflated costs and shipping got really crazy for a while. The manufacturers get a bit goofy when they cannot figure out what is going to happen.....and I cant say as I blame them as they may not be able to replace inventory without higher prices either. I been on both ends of those situations a number of times. Back in the 70's I took lots of orders for aluminum that were all priced "based on current prices at time of deleivery". At some point availability becomes more important than price to some folks.....and others do without. We all have choices. 'Merica.
Man I was on a hunting trip with a bunch of guys in steel industry. They think inflated steel prices are the cause of most of our inflation issues. Can’t make much without it, especially farming equipment.

I WISH I would find a bargain like that now.. Been looking for something like you found.....and can tell the market has loosened up quite a bit. I wonder if some price concessions on the new stuff wont happen before long. Lots more machines available now. I see a good used 3P 600 with small seed box at about $12,500 now.....and it gets me tempted again. I doubt were going back to 2020 prices again.....but I sure didn't like the big 2022 prices jump.
What do you do this time of year Foggy? Hunting over and snow knee deep. Do you go out of your mind?!

What do you do this time of year Foggy? Hunting over and snow knee deep. Do you go out of your mind?!
Actually......I spend my days at a Hospital in Minneapolis where my wife has gone thru her 3rd open heart surgery. She is doing really well and we likely will go home in a few mored days. Been her for 10 days......and spend my time looking at chit like drills to get my mind off medical stuff sometimes. Grin. I know it's goofy....but sometimes I need goofy to pass the time. My current drill really works pretty good......but somehow I always lust for better. Grin. Normally I would be in OZ now practicing my golf swing. lol. It's all good.

Actually......I spend my days at a Hospital in Minneapolis where my wife has gone thru her 3rd open heart surgery. She is doing really well and we likely will go home in a few mored days. Been her for 10 days......and spend my time looking at chit like drills to get my mind off medical stuff sometimes. Grin. I know it's goofy....but sometimes I need goofy to pass the time. My current drill really works pretty good......but somehow I always lust for better. Grin. Normally I would be in OZ now practicing my golf swing. lol. It's all good.
I’m sorry my man. I’ll pray for her. Y’all hang in there. I use my habitat work to keep my mind off the worse parts of life too.

Actually......I spend my days at a Hospital in Minneapolis where my wife has gone thru her 3rd open heart surgery. She is doing really well and we likely will go home in a few mored days.
I'll pray for her too, Foggy. Sorry to hear of her rough time, but glad she's coming along. Hang in there, friend!
I use my habitat work to keep my mind off the worse parts of life too.
Me too. We need productive & helpful distractions sometimes, to keep our minds off the bad things in life.

😊Having coffee in front of a warm fire at home today.....with my wife who got home from heart surgery on Sunday. 4th open heart event for her. HUGE event. It's my birthday.....and I could not ask for a better day on my birthday! (even if it's 10 below zero). Quite certain that this surgery is going to provide her with a more normal life again.

Oh, and I told her about the new drill this morning. lol. She's the same gal that had a hard time getting over the time I bought a horse for our kids without telling her, while she was at work(as a nurse) . That was about 45 years ago. She has come to expect such things. It's all good! 😊

Last edited: