24 in New York

Well guys how low did you go? Got down to 33.1 at my farm so maybe you guys didn't make it down to 25 am hoping? We had a little breeze too which helped

Should be no problem NH thank god for that woooohooo

25 at my camp located near Little Valley NY at 5:30 am, looks like I may not be spraying apples this year. Too bad, I had a great crop of blossoms on all my trees.

You never know that could be less than 90% kill and it may not have been for an extended period so keep the faith. I think you will still be spraying!!!!!

I had 26 degrees at 4 AM. All the leaves have turned black already on apples, plums, pear, red oak, white oak, sawtooth oak, and my chestnuts. Lost 4 tomato plants that only had a plastic bucket over them and no plastic bag. It's been a rough year!

28 here yesterday morning w/ a hard frost after setting fruit a week ago. No signs of damage yesterday, I'll check again today. Glad I didn't plant the garden yet, it's going in today.

28 here yesterday morning w/ a hard frost after setting fruit a week ago. No signs of damage yesterday, I'll check again today. Glad I didn't plant the garden yet, it's going in today.

The only trees that are not leafed out are a handful of Dunstan chestnut trees.

Sorry to hear that Spur but good news for you George. I had my garden in for 2 weeks now and didn't have any issues. Looks like we are out of the woods now. Spur at least you have your grafted trees to care for this year. Come down for apples anytime. I think I should have lots assuming I don't screw something up from here on out

I'd be interested to see some pics of those black leaves Spur. All the leaves turned black??

I'd be interested to see some pics of those black leaves Spur. All the leaves turned black??

I had the same thing happen on my burr oaks. They are black and crumble in your hand. We had three days below freezing since they broke bud. Not sure if one day did it or it was a cumulative effect. I hope they can rebound, this was a major project putting in 9 of these. They are all black

image.jpg

Boy that is ugly Chummer. I hope they come back. My swamp Bur's did not like that frost! The new leafs wilted some. I'll try and go get a pic.

Some of my oaks are pushing out new leaves but they are few and far between. It looks like the apples avoided any damage, they look like they are going to be loaded. We got 3" of rain last night so everything is going to have a good start to the growing season. Now I know why everyone loves dolgo crabs. The trees I planted a month ago have had blossoms for over three weeks through multiple nights below 32.

Good point Chummer, I've got several dolgo and Siberian for that very reason. It doesn't hurt that the deer like the fruit though.

Good news Chummer. Just gotta keep the faith. We got a bit of rain and supposed to get about an inch more over next few days am hoping. We got cooled off here and only hit 65 today. Better get that sprayer out!!!!!

I already got 2" overnight and today. Chummer, the radar looks like you have been getting pounded!

East of us in Wis. had frost last night. I escaped it.
You guys better watch out in a day or so.

I already got 2" overnight and today. Chummer, the radar looks like you have been getting pounded!
I was conservative at 3". I have never seen rain like that. It was 5 straight hours of continuous thunder storms and then steady rain the rest of the night after that. There was standing water everywhere when I left and that never happens on the rock pile we are on. They are saying tonight could be the same but I doubt it, last night everything just lined up perfect.

All your rain came south, Chummer. That's good news here in Pa. - we needed some rain. Field plots were getting dusty and the apples & crabs can use the water. Cooling down too.

We got robbed only about 1/2 inch. We need more so I don't have to water. At least the apples, corn and pumpkins got a drink

2 weeks in a row we got 3.5"!