What's for dinner?

3AD2BE95-0C92-4724-AEBA-7F7FA4BD1182.JPG 4B8ADF59-639F-4A48-BA2D-087AFD28E992.JPG E82F6C09-0869-4EC9-80BD-8D172BC8C605.JPG D2D216D6-FA6A-4B2A-AD70-2EA0B7F18AD7.JPG Shrimp Italiano - shrimp, spaghetti, oregano, basil, pepper, diced tomatoes and a little chicken broth. Broccoli for a side dish and an $8 bottle of wine (that's fine wine in my book).

That shrimp trumps my diner. When it's just me not much sence in going over board. Made a side dish the meal.
tomatos, onions, cuc's vinegar and oil. No fuss.

image.png

That shrimp trumps my diner. When it's just me not much sence in going over board. Made a side dish the meal.
tomatos, onions, cuc's vinegar and oil. No fuss.

View attachment 13865

Are you kidding Bill? That side dish is about as good as it gets.

Now you're talking Spud!

Wife and kids split for the day.....I had ice cream and butterscotch for dinner. And yes, I ate the last of the ice cream!!!!

We had NY strip steaks and corn on the cob on the grill last night as well as diced potatoes and a few other fix'in's. We celebrated my boy finishing college with his sisters and all his grandparents.....we don't normally splurge with NY strip steaks!

Wife and kids split for the day.....I had ice cream and butterscotch for dinner. And yes, I ate the last of the ice cream!!!!

We had NY strip steaks and corn on the cob on the grill last night as well as diced potatoes and a few other fix'in's. We celebrated my boy finishing college with his sisters and all his grandparents.....we don't normally splurge with NY strip steaks!
Cool - congratulations on the college graduate. My twins graduated this year as well. Three down and two to go.

Someday Isle - I always time this thread wrong ............ the title always catches my eye before I've eaten and I'm starving. That shrimp Italiano thing is right up my alley. I add some zucchini chunks and lots of garlic to go with the tomatoes, then sprinkle with grated Asiago cheese. Killer !!

Bill - That tomato, cuke, and onion salad with o & v dressing is super !! I haven't had that in some time and now I've got to make some of it. Ever try throwing on some chunks of canned salmon to that salad ??

Spud - Back off the pedal, man ............. you're killing me. Smoked / bbq'd anything is slobber time !!

Someday Isle - I always time this thread wrong ............ the title always catches my eye before I've eaten and I'm starving. That shrimp Italiano thing is right up my alley. I add some zucchini chunks and lots of garlic to go with the tomatoes, then sprinkle with grated Asiago cheese. Killer !!

Bill - That tomato, cuke, and onion salad with o & v dressing is super !! I haven't had that in some time and now I've got to make some of it. Ever try throwing on some chunks of canned salmon to that salad ??

Spud - Back off the pedal, man ............. you're killing me. Smoked / bbq'd anything is slobber time !!

Oh - there's always garlic in there! We do a penne primavera similar to yours with zucchini, yellow squash and broccoli added in too.

This is our version ... try some green olives ... the saltiness real adds some nice flavor ...

salad.jpg

This is our version ... try some green olives ... the saltiness real adds some nice flavor ...
]

Don't like olives but the tuna and eggs make that a meal.

Last night at the farm I laid off the rabbit food. Extra meat sauce and hot sausage. Leftovers go in the freezer for next time. Heading to Chicago in the morning to pick up my wife and son at the airport. Yet another college visit......

image.png

Been on lots of college visits. We have three out of college now and two in college. Best advice we ever got came from a high school advisor. Go to at least one state school, one big school, one medium size school and on small private school. Often the smaller more expensive schools have more money to give for scholarships. Don't go to more than six. If you can't decide by then you never will. We ended up with one kid going to a state school, one to a medium sized college, one to a small out of state private school and two commuted to a small private school in town. The three kids in the private colleges got lots of athletic scholarship money. We didn't qualify for any grants or federal money.

Best advice any of my kids got came from a graduate student who gave us a tour. She said the secret to college success comes from what you do in the 40 hours a week that you're not in class.

Inspired by Bill's salad. I added a ribeye!
d28288d8457bbeed036108dc500d9c0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Been on lots of college visits. We have three out of college now and two in college. Best advice we ever got came from a high school advisor. Go to at least one state school, one big school, one medium size school and on small private school. Often the smaller more expensive schools have more money to give for scholarships. Don't go to more than six. If you can't decide by then you never will. We ended up with one kid going to a state school, one to a medium sized college, one to a small out of state private school and two commuted to a small private school in town. The three kids in the private colleges got lots of athletic scholarship money. We didn't qualify for any grants or federal money.

Best advice any of my kids got came from a graduate student who gave us a tour. She said the secret to college success comes from what you do in the 40 hours a week that you're not in class.

I hear you S.I. But I'm part of the problem in a decision. I'm paying for a very good "by reputation" private HS that I absolutely detest! My son will come out ahead of the game for getting into college but I've had to swallow my tongue way many more times than I'm comfortable with because of the absolute indoctrinal atmosphere. Tongue biting because I don't want my opinions paid for by him. When he graduates next year he will have survived 4 years of being surrounded by a celebration of diversity in everything but ideas. And he will have survived it with common sense and an ability to pick it out.

No way I'm paying for 4 years of Higher education at an institution with safe spaces for stupidity. I've reached my limit.
We just returned from Wheaton college in Illinois. Rated in the top 100 out 4000 in the country for value of education and grads with a job. (Imagine that.) They have no fear of publicly advertising it's a Christ based education. I don't push Christianity here because it's never been my calling, I respect both sides and not the forum for it. But if a college will print that, say that publically and still be in the top 100 out of 4000, I'm interested.

I was impressed with the college and it's on a short list. I've walked out of presentations from administrators who come from places with fancier names. Like everyone, I feel like worked hard for my $. I refuse to give it to people who hate me and my country as they educate my kid.....

I hear you S.I. But I'm part of the problem in a decision. I'm paying for a very good "by reputation" private HS that I absolutely detest! My son will come out ahead of the game for getting into college but I've had to swallow my tongue way many more times than I'm comfortable with because of the absolute indoctrinal atmosphere. Tongue biting because I don't want my opinions paid for by him. When he graduates next year he will have survived 4 years of being surrounded by a celebration of diversity in everything but ideas. And he will have survived it with common sense and an ability to pick it out.

No way I'm paying for 4 years of Higher education at an institution with safe spaces for stupidity. I've reached my limit.
We just returned from Wheaton college in Illinois. Rated in the top 100 out 4000 in the country for value of education and grads with a job. (Imagine that.) They have no fear of publicly advertising it's a Christ based education. I don't push Christianity here because it's never been my calling, I respect both sides and not the forum for it. But if a college will print that, say that publically and still be in the top 100 out of 4000, I'm interested.

I was impressed with the college and it's on a short list. I've walked out of presentations from administrators who come from places with fancier names. Like everyone, I feel like worked hard for my $. I refuse to give it to people who hate me and my country as they educate my kid.....

I'm with you on that Bill. The twins attended Missouri Baptist University. My wife is a Lutheran Middle School teacher. What sold my son's on MoBap was that in their own words they are "unapologetically Christian". I realize that doesn't mean as much to others but to them it did.

We're way off topic now so I won't add to the diversion from the thread. But I do enjoy seeing my kids make good choices that will have a lasting impression on their lives.

Looks good spud!

Pre 30 mins in the oven but theses are a summer favorite once the peppers come in season.

image.jpeg