What's for dinner?

Pre 30 mins in the oven but theses are a summer favorite once the peppers come in season.

View attachment 14037

Bill ... a man after my own heart ... and stomach :emoji_slight_smile:

We do stuffed peppers every fall ... try putting a bed of that tomato rice around the peppers ... keeps them moist ... we make a huge of them then live on them for a week ... good stuff ... love it :emoji_thumbsup:

.. try putting a bed of that tomato rice around the peppers

That's a good idea! I'll be doing that next time.

It was a couple weeks ago, but here's my last blackstrap....

Serrano cream cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped, and covered in a Sriracha/cranberry/spiced rum sauce...
cab9b2424fed2bcb736822c7ce10b42b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow that looks pretty much delicious.. :0

Bella and the Beast from Maro's... hmmm Yummy !!! :emoji_smiley:

Seared pork chops in a little butter, cook them on a bed of homemade Sauerkraut in the slow cooker for a few hours and boil some dumplings tonight!
aa8e2bdb05a813794dc5fdbeeadd5381.jpg
fd50318d4ddb105040ae7ed4e1323c6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Butcher shop had a special - $4.99 a lb for bacon wrapped filets. All the kids were around so we had a treat tonight. Baked potatoes coated with olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt and baked at 300 degrees for ninety minutes and filets on the grill. My son contributed a Tom Nole Cabernet and our daughter baked a chocolate cake. We're so spoiled.

3F3F5495-A8AE-49D9-8925-624A081C4817.JPG

3931f401c8977dec8b4f6af7c2800a74.jpg
oh, and this is how I prep food for work trips (flight attendant, so gone 3-6 days at a time). The wife and I knocked these out last week.
That's frittata, chicken Parmesan, stuffed portobello mushroom lasagna, a ribeye, and creamy Italian chicken thighs with bacon and mushrooms.

For several years now I've been doing beef roasts on the grill. We get a half of beef from a friend who raises pure bred Simmentals. We typically have more roasts than we care for so getting creative and using them during the grilling season helps clean up the freezer. I prefer a 3" to 4" first cut chuck for this since that cut is next to the ribeye on the shoulder. It's not as tender as the eye but the flavor is incredible. I did one last night for about 2.5 hours at 300 degrees. Seasoned with Tony C's and cracked pepper. I've got a bumper crop of zucchini in the garden so I sliced some up, egg wash and Italian bread crumbs. Pan fried in a little olive oil. I cut them a little think and didn't get them as done as I would have liked but they were still pretty good.

Attachments

• Roast.jpg
    Roast.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 23
Two of Pops' favorites for his birthday tonight. Fried catfish and venison burgers. Forgot to take a pic of the burgers.

IMG_20170803_174517.jpg

Two of Pops' favorites for his birthday tonight. Fried catfish and venison burgers. Forgot to take a pic of the burgers.

View attachment 14306

I will bring all the cold beer you want ... just keep that catfish coming ... let's see that the final product!

View attachment 14306

I will bring all the cold beer you want ... just keep that catfish coming ... let's see that the final product!

Sometimes a simple salad makes for an easy meal. We did three boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot for three hours on low and just shredded it over a bed of romaine lettuce. Throw on some croutons, your favorite dressing and a little cheese and some olives and it's ready to eat.

DDC1E15E-DC06-432E-B6DD-4B7979F7658D.JPG

This weekend was a pork fat fest. Had 2 - 9lbs pork butts in the freezer that needed to transform to smoky goodness. They wend in at 6 am. One was dry brined and both had a dry rub on them. Started with apple chips and then pecan chips for smoke.

IMG_20170812_075236.jpg

12 hours later they were looking good.

IMG_20170812_155905.jpg

First cut was samples for the taste testing crew ... :emoji_slight_smile:

IMG_20170812_194209.jpg

Then dinner & packing for the freezer ...

IMG_20170813_082938.jpg

IMG_20170813_090050.jpg

Looks great! Do those remain tender after freezing? How do you reheat them?

Holy crap Tree Spud, that looks GOOD!