What's for dinner?

Those are sexy as hell Catscratch!

I love handmade bone handle knives, I've got a few a local guy here made up for me over the years out of some of our antler. Brings out the Jeremiah Johnson in me seeing a vintage looking knife.
You even named a couple"... "DeerSlayer"...awesome!

Those are sexy as hell Catscratch!

I love handmade bone handle knives, I've got a few a local guy here made up for me over the years out of some of our antler. Brings out the Jeremiah Johnson in me seeing a vintage looking knife.
You even named a couple"... "DeerSlayer"...awesome!
Sweet! Post some pics...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks! They are custom made for the kids and I by a guy who my dad use to work with at the local machine shop. We have a good collection of them...
92fb7659cd2cd0343b1c8dc7ea2ed5fe.jpg
c0eb996350c7d4264b35b0d0f6526017.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

These knives and their stories need their own thread! Awesome. I love seeing quality craftsmanship in anything. It takes a gifted person to do that kind of work.

He does do great work. They are about the only antler handle knives that I've held that actually fit and felt good in the hand. Nothing awkward about them at all.
Most of ours have some sort of customization to them; my youngest was into Batman for a while so one has the Bat symbol on the butt, my oldest had just shot his first deer so he made "deerslayer" for him, etc.

Sweet! Post some pics...

Not to hijack the thread...I made some sweet cornbread yesterday and topped it with a couple soft fried eggs!

These are a few of the handmade knives I've had done, the two on the top are from the same piece of antler and are the ones I use the most. The two bottom right are from the biggest shed I have ever found, still not sure if I should have cut it up.
The Bowie to the left my wife keeps stuck between the mattress within easy reach if she needs it. All are made from old sawmill blades and are shaving sharp.
My boys have a couple like the smaller ones at the top and we have a fillet knife somewhere. I have had knives made for wedding gifts, tips for memorable guided hunts and birthday gifts over the years.

duL5vNZ.jpg

Like I said I really like the bone look...a guy in Illinois made me the grips for these, the model 60 is ivory.

b7XVSmC.jpg

Last edited:
This is nothing less than AWESOME!!!
Great work, I like all of them!
Not to hijack the thread...I made some sweet cornbread yesterday and topped it with a couple soft fried eggs!

These are a few of the handmade knives I've had done, the two on the top are from the same piece of antler and are the ones I use the most. The two bottom right are from the biggest shed I have ever found, still not sure if I should have cut it up.
The Bowie to the left my wife keeps stuck between the mattress within easy reach if she needs it. All are made from old sawmill blades and are shaving sharp.
My boys have a couple like the smaller ones at the top and we have a fillet knife somewhere. I have had knives made for wedding gifts, tips for memorable guided hunts and birthday gifts over the years.

Like I said I really like the bone look...a guy in Illinois made me the grips for these, the model 60 is ivory.

Smasher burgers ... drizzle all of the burger fat back on the bun ... lots of fiber in the a.m. to counteract ... weapons will be poster later ... :emoji_slight_smile:

IMG_20170512_202153.jpg

Quiche - my first attempt. Pre baked the pie crust then baked the whole thing. Not a simple meal and pretty time consuming but it was worth it. One of them is bacon and cheese. The other one is mushrooms and broccoli with bacon bits. We added a Caesar salad on the side. I do love to cook!314F7DA6-9B32-4458-A430-C481BAA5E5A9.JPG

I shouldn't have looked at this thread. The wife and landed at midnight and drove just over an hour home. No food in the house and I'm hungry.

Ribs look like they'll melt.

Never heard of an egg bake but that looks good!

Spud - Yeah ...... what's in the egg bake ?? ^^^^^ I see red bell pepper, bacon bits, sausage, cheese, sliced tomatoes ......... what else ???
It sure looks good !!

Spud - Yeah ...... what's in the egg bake ?? ^^^^^ I see red bell pepper, bacon bits, sausage, cheese, sliced tomatoes ......... what else ???
It sure looks good !!

Similar to a frittata?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sort of ... I cook up some crumbled breakfast sausage, fry up some bacon & chop up (you can use andouie sausage, ham, shrimp, crab whatever you like). Put about 1" of shredded hash browns in a pan. I was lazy and bought the pre-cooked apple wood shredded bacon which crisped up nice. Sprinkle some shredded cheddar over the potatoes. Spread the meat evenly over the potatoes. Chop of & microwave to pre-cook onion, red & orange peppers, some chopped pickled jalapeno's and spread all over potatoes. crack & mix 18 eggs with some heavy cream. Add fresh chopped basil & herbs de provence in with eggs.

Pour the eggs over the entire dish. If you can let sit for at least an hour the will let the eggs soak in good. Season the top with salt & pepper and or spices you like. Sprinkle more cheese and add some sliced tomatoes.

Cook at 350 F for 50-60 minutes until a tooth pick stuck in comes out clean.

Add some grilled sausage, toast, vegies, or whatever you like and of course a proper adult beverage.

It's a great meal for deer camp cause you can make a couple of days ahead and throw into the oven to reheat. Put a warmed up 6' x 6" in your deer pack and take out to your deer stand ... :emoji_wink:

I'm making that ^^^^
I'll say some heavy cream is about a cup..

I'm making that ^^^^
I'll say some heavy cream is about a cup..

Bill ... You get whatever award that is available for that astute observation ...

Now bacon has a different measuring system. By law, you have to use whatever size pack of bacon you buy ... I think 1 lbs is a starter kit. Remember if you cook too much bacon ... :emoji_thinking: ... wait a minute, I don't think that is possible ... never mind ...

Sort of ... I cook up some crumbled breakfast sausage, fry up some bacon & chop up (you can use andouie sausage, ham, shrimp, crab whatever you like). Put about 1" of shredded hash browns in a pan. I was lazy and bought the pre-cooked apple wood shredded bacon which crisped up nice. Sprinkle some shredded cheddar over the potatoes. Spread the meat evenly over the potatoes. Chop of & microwave to pre-cook onion, red & orange peppers, some chopped pickled jalapeno's and spread all over potatoes. crack & mix 18 eggs with some heavy cream. Add fresh chopped basil & herbs de provence in with eggs.

Pour the eggs over the entire dish. If you can let sit for at least an hour the will let the eggs soak in good. Season the top with salt & pepper and or spices you like. Sprinkle more cheese and add some sliced tomatoes.

Cook at 350 F for 50-60 minutes until a tooth pick stuck in comes out clean.

Add some grilled sausage, toast, vegies, or whatever you like and of course a proper adult beverage.

It's a great meal for deer camp cause you can make a couple of days ahead and throw into the oven to reheat. Put a warmed up 6' x 6" in your deer pack and take out to your deer stand ... :emoji_wink:

That's gotta be a pretty big deer pack to fit a 6'x6" piece in there! ;)