Stock Market is the bottom in?

I have not bought crypto either as I don't understand it. My philosophy has been to own good income producing stocks and land. When things get tough, they seem to hold their own. Without a dividend or any income it doesn't fit my radar. For those that did well on it, congrats to them! Hopefully some of these young kids will not overdo it and skip buying stocks or other investments, it could cost them long term!
I don't think the majority of the people who own it actually understand. Seems like the latest hoola hoop craze. I know I don't trust it. Time will tell, maybe I'm just not smart enough to play in the big leagues.

Maybe you can track conversion to USD on the big exchanges but they aren't tracking it everywhere. Friends and I have bought a handful of goods from each other using crypto, good luck tracking that! We didn't use crypto as a means to hide a transaction but more of a novelty of the idea you're getting something with potential to grow much higher.

Example: I bought a used smart TV from a buddy for 1.5 ETH when ETH was something like $250. If he's still holding, he has $1500+ in value for that tv. At ETH's peak, he had over $6k for that TV..
Somehow, you need to convert some kind of currency into a crypto through an institution. They have a record of who you are. All of the transaction records are public with block chain. So, anyone with the authority to get record from the institution can get identity info. It is when you go international that no single government has the authority to get records from all institutions. That does not make it impossible to track, just more difficult and in the early days required new tools.

My point is that when it threatens a government (not necessarily ours) in some way, they can step in. Suddenly, a country could pretty much stop using it, or just as easily a country could embrace it. In the early days, when it was skyrocketing, it was largely under the radar. That is no longer the case.

I could see a big autocratic economy like China deciding it threatens their currency manipulation.

Like any investment, there are upsides and risks. I get that. I just don't quite see how it is an inflation hedge compared to other currency.

I think this comparison sums it up. I realize Madoff was a fraud, but why can you put something out there as Crypto, see billions In losses and then try again ?

Some of this is true Ponzi scheme …

Attachments

• E563388B-0150-478A-AAB7-29CAF0D45491.png
    E563388B-0150-478A-AAB7-29CAF0D45491.png
    407 KB · Views: 19
I think this comparison sums it up. I realize Madoff was a fraud, but why can you put something out there as Crypto, see billions In losses and then try again ?

There is nothing new under the sun... :)

I see cypto no different than Vegas ... sure some hit it big, but for most house always wins :emoji_wink:

Last edited:
Somehow, you need to convert some kind of currency into a crypto through an institution. They have a record of who you are.

I don't need to convert currency into crypto through an institution. If someone buys my ATV with Crypto, how do "they" know who I am?

I realize there is a ledger of all the transactions but I don't think it's realistic to say you can track down who the people are that made those transactions in many situations.

I wonder if dividend stocks will take a beating as bond yields and CD's surpass dividend yields.

I don't need to convert currency into crypto through an institution. If someone buys my ATV with Crypto, how do "they" know who I am?

I realize there is a ledger of all the transactions but I don't think it's realistic to say you can track down who the people are that made those transactions in many situations.
I'm simply saying to fund an account folks need to use an institution to get other currency converted to crypto. Do you remember reading about one of the recent seizures of crypto after the ransom attack on a US company? Somebody can track something! :emoji_smile:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that anybody is tracking anything on a routine basis. I'm just saying that at the nation state level, it is not impossible to track crypto transactions.

I'm waiting for a couple of teenage hackers to hold the bitcoin community hostage or maybe delete billions of dollars worth of the "pretend" digital money. Change is not always good.

I'm waiting for a couple of teenage hackers to hold the bitcoin community hostage or maybe delete billions of dollars worth of the "pretend" digital money. Change is not always good.
That's a difficult ask given the distributed nature of block-chain technology. I think there is more of a chance of them hitting a singular institution. Future technology may be a treat. The thing that keeps bitcoin moving forward is the tax you pay to miners for each transaction. Will some nation state make a break-thru on quantum computing and use it to put bitcoin miners out of the game? I think the larger risk is government regulation and intervention.

For those invested in crypto...morally, are you good with a future where every transaction is monitored, tracked and traced? Honest question here, because isn't the "essential" component of crypto"currency"?

For those invested in crypto...morally, are you good with a future where every transaction is monitored, tracked and traced? Honest question here, because isn't the "essential" component of crypto"currency"?
I don't think that differs from any electronic transactions. Only physical currency or bartering makes tracking impractical.

Like I said in my earlier post, there are some cryptos that can be tracked and some that cannot. The Fed (along with every other global power) has been working on CBDCs that will eventually work as you fear. I think there are some good things that could come from it, but mostly it's a net negative. That's why I mentioned that the privacy coins may eventually be quite valuable.

For those that think physical money will always be around and allow themselves to be anonymous, remember the Fed at one point in time outlawed owning any gold. I think people should be looking at cryptos not just as an investment, but to understand current technologies and where we might be heading.

It would be easier to hack the federal reserve than bitcoin. That's the entire premise behind blockchain and why even the USD will be on blockchain eventually even if bitcoin fails.

I don't think that differs from any electronic transactions. Only physical currency or bartering makes tracking impractical.

Correct. And, with the removal of physical currency (which I do believe we are headed that direction), it's just another way for "them" to keep you inline with their system.

It would be easier to hack the federal reserve than bitcoin. That's the entire premise behind blockchain and why even the USD will be on blockchain eventually even if bitcoin fails.
I'll stay away from it as long as I have a choice. Big companies are paying to ransomware so they can still operate because someone has hacked their "secure" information. I'll let the rest of the world be the guinea pigs before I do it. I just don't trust anything anymore.

Correct. And, with the removal of physical currency (which I do believe we are headed that direction), it's just another way for "them" to keep you inline with their system.
I'm not much for all the conspiracy theories. I think most is organic developed independently by unrelated parties driven by different objective. The human brain wants to connect the dots and fill in blank spots.

To some extend crypto mitigates this by trying to be much less easily tracked, but as I said, none of it is impossible to track. With current technology, it becomes impractical to do general tracking, but nation states have sufficient resources to do practical focused tracking.

Thanks,

Jack

I'm not much for all the conspiracy theories. I think most is organic developed independently by unrelated parties driven by different objective. The human brain wants to connect the dots and fill in blank spots.

To some extend crypto mitigates this by trying to be much less easily tracked, but as I said, none of it is impossible to track. With current technology, it becomes impractical to do general tracking, but nation states have sufficient resources to do practical focused tracking.

Thanks,

Jack
There's no conspiracy there. The globalists openly say they are doing exactly that. Plenty of clips from them openly discussing what they're preparing for the compliant. They have captured every major democracy in the west. That's why all of our leaders come off as so amazingly stupid. They are, and they are not in charge.

That's a 6 minute video of all their clips talking about total authoritarian control, body hacking, and depopulation. Stick around for the clip from Gates discussing using vaccines to reduce the population.

What can be tracked, can be taxed. What is not a physical asset can be frozen if they dont get you to respond to their line of thinking. Ask the Canadian truckers if their frozen bank accounts resulting from their protesting actions was a theoretical conspiracy theory

There's no conspiracy there. The globalists openly say they are doing exactly that. Plenty of clips from them openly discussing what they're preparing for the compliant. They have captured every major democracy in the west. That's why all of our leaders come off as so amazingly stupid. They are, and they are not in charge.

That's a 6 minute video of all their clips talking about total authoritarian control, body hacking, and depopulation. Stick around for the clip from Gates discussing using vaccines to reduce the population.
Pretty far out... Almost beyond theory...There is so much infighting and diversity across this planet, there hasn't been a workable cohesive approach to anything since the tower of Babel.