All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Market is the bottom in?

Puts on trespass! Wrong thread swamp

China stocks are making a comeback for some reason. BABA,BIDU,JD are all up quite a bit today.

I'm just a simple trader myself. No margins,calls or puts for me. Could be missing out on a lot of gains. Could be missing out on losing my ass too.

Well, it ain’t always peaches and cream. I tend to be right about everything. It’s my timing that’s got some room for improvement.

The options stuff can pay handsomely, and most often does. What many don’t realize is that buy and hold is infinitely more risky than buying and selling covered calls.

It kills me to see how much I can make in 20 minutes of trading once a week, and then compare that to working the rest of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like CVR Partners (UAN) at $79 . They pay a quarterly distribution of $1.92 if you own it by May 10. Each distribution varies quarterly… based on fertilizer prices.

Last year they paid out $26.62 in distributions. In 2023 they paid out $19.32.

Online chatter has them looking into selling the company at a much higher price than the current share price .

Well, it ain’t always peaches and cream. I tend to be right about everything. It’s my timing that’s got some room for improvement.

The options stuff can pay handsomely, and most often does. What many don’t realize is that buy and hold is infinitely more risky than buying and selling covered calls.

It kills me to see how much I can make in 20 minutes of trading once a week, and then compare that to working the rest of the week.

I made an error in my statement. See the revision above. Buying calls is a losers bet. That's why I only sell them.

I like CVR Partners (UAN) at $79 . They pay a quarterly distribution of $1.92 if you own it by May 10. Each distribution varies quarterly… based on fertilizer prices.

Last year they paid out $26.62 in distributions. In 2023 they paid out $19.32.

Online chatter has them looking into selling the company at a much higher price than the current share price .
You don't want me buying that. I have the septic touch when it comes to resource stocks.

You don't want me buying that. I have the septic touch when it comes to resource stocks.
I've been lucky enough lately to sell my stock/shares just before they would have paid off bigly. A few times it was selling the day before and then watching what I don't own anymore blast off! DAMN IT!

Wish I knew when the ballon was going to pop for sure. I’m really considering pulling about 50% of my portfolio out of stocks and sitting on the sidelines with cash reserves. Buffet’s own metric shows market overvalued and I doubt it’s a coincidence that he is sitting on 182Billion in cash. If the yield curve comes out of inversion in the next 3-4 months likely all hell will break loose in the markets.

Wish I knew when the ballon was going to pop for sure. I’m really considering pulling about 50% of my portfolio out of stocks and sitting on the sidelines with cash reserves. Buffet’s own metric shows market overvalued and I doubt it’s a coincidence that he is sitting on 182Billion in cash. If the yield curve comes out of inversion in the next 3-4 months likely all hell will break loose in the markets.
So much for bidenomics!

I am under the impression that Warren Buffet believes they have too much cash, and is considering a dividend

What percentage of his portfolio is the $182B?

I hope he’s got a good cash management strategy, because he should be getting 5%+ on his cash, which ain’t bad while u wait.

I haven’t seen any fed chatter in a while. Expectations keep dropping for rate cuts, as they should. If anyone other than congress gets into the money printing game now, inflation is going to explode higher.

I’ve got rollover cash to put to work. I put some in EPD higher than I’d like, and the rest will sit in USFR until more information becomes available.

It’ll be interesting to see if the fed starts dumping longer term bonds and buying shorter term bonds to correct the yield curve. The whole system may explode if mortgage rates fly past 8%. Nobody will own anything, and they’ll be happy.

I think about 20% of Berkshire and yes I know he is heavy invested in Short term US treasuries. I wish I had access to short term US treasuries thru my 401k I’d of likely already positioned some of my balance into that investment if available to me. I’ve only got a couple crap bond funds and straight up cash reserves available to me along with quite a number of stock funds. The crap bond funds maybe my poison of choice.

I think about 20% of Berkshire and yes I know he is heavy invested in Short term US treasuries. I wish I had access to short term US treasuries thru my 401k I’d of likely already positioned some of my balance into that investment if available to me. I’ve only got a couple crap bond funds and straight up cash reserves available to me along with quite a number of stock funds. The crap bond funds maybe my poison of choice.
Cenex Preferred Shares (CHSCL) are as safe a bet as I can think of .. not guaranteed, but the company is in strong financial shape !

Better financial shape than the US Government!😊 Current dividend pays 7.26%. This is a Preferred stock & can be called at $25 … however they just don’t call their preferreds due to many of their customers (farmers) owning the shares.

It’s a unique situation and I’ve owned the shares and collected dividends for years . I like it at under $25.50? But right now today it’s $25.83.

Cenex Harvest States is based out of Minnesota and has $38 billion in revenue…they actually own refineries in Kansas and Montana .

What do you with stocks at 52 week highs?

I've slowly pulled out on some and put into 1,3,6,9, and 12 mos cds paying 5+% Then I can be ready to buy

What do you with stocks at 52 week highs?
I am stumped now. Valuations are higher than they've ever been. Could stand to reason on one side it's because the dollar is going to shit. The other side is it's also the end of the fake money system. I won't hang my hat on either, because we don't know who's getting bailed out if/when it topples. The wealth class has to be dealt with at some point, so I'd imagine the market has to let loose at some point. I'm not near smart enough to say where we go from here. I just know we've not held valuations this high without a crash coming soon after. I'm also adult enough to admit I've been calling for this for 15 years, and it hasn't happened.

I am roughly 3 % from being at a value where I told myself to cut exposure by 35% and buy T bills or money market type deals.

I am thinking selling half winners and half losers. Or maybe 30% winners 70 % losers?

Does this sound rational?

Or would buying Berkshire stock be a similar move in its own right as they have so much cash?