All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Market is the bottom in?

I am actually surprised with the market since Putin invaded Ukraine. This is why I hire someone to do my investing. Not sure how she did, but it can’t be worse then what I would have done.

Volatility will continue. This is a big week for the markets. J. Powell will need to lay out if the rise in energy prices will keep the growth down by itself or he sticks with a 50 point increase in rates . Then you’ve got the State of the Union. If Biden changes course and calls for more energy production here in the US in the interest of National Security then the markets and the Whole world will calm somewhat. Will he do it?

Volatility will continue. This is a big week for the markets. J. Powell will need to lay out if the rise in energy prices will keep the growth down by itself or he sticks with a 50 point increase in rates . Then you’ve got the State of the Union. If Biden changes course and calls for more energy production here in the US in the interest of National Security then the markets and the Whole world will calm somewhat. Will he do it?
No

The Democrat response to the State of the Union is from Tlaib so what does that tell you. Bernie and the squad want all fossil fuel gone today And with no regard as to the consequences. The squad will never let Biden produce more oil. Only way out is in 2024.

The Democrat response to the State of the Union is from Tlaib so what does that tell you. Bernie and the squad want all fossil fuel gone today And with no regard as to the consequences. The squad will never let Biden produce more oil. Only way out is in 2024.
I saw one of his idiots interviewed and they were asked about increasing domestic production and they actually said it wasn’t worth pushing back the strides they have made towards global warming. That is a special kind of stupid.

Last edited:
I am actually surprised with the market since Putin invaded Ukraine. This is why I hire someone to do my investing. Not sure how she did, but it can’t be worse then what I would have done.
I wonder if the ex's tongue kiss of Putin after the invasion had any impact...

So Putin is threatening with nukes, because the west is sanctioning him and his country, and other euro countries are talking mean to him. Shit can real fast with nuke threats. This could get ugly fast.

Yeah, and I live near a NATO naval base. Here's a submarine on it's way out to sea:

received_647849436548459.jpeg

Took this photo from a bridge near Bergen a couple weeks ago. I think that's an Ula class sub. There's a lot of NATO warship traffic on the coast here. Never thought much of it til Putin started threatening nuclear war.

Tomorrow is going to be ugly unless you own oil and gas.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

^^^
Dont forget corn and soybeans.... I'm still holding a good chunk of last year's crop. If conflict is high then commodities will be high. If it looks like peace commodities will tank and stocks will go up.

^^^
Dont forget corn and soybeans.... I'm still holding a good chunk of last year's crop. If conflict is high then commodities will be high. If it looks like peace commodities will tank and stocks will go up.
Gold & Silver are climbing as well.

I let go of some old crop corn and beans today. Corn was locked up limit most the day, so not sure if it was a mistake. Might be limit up again tomorrow, but could just as easily be down limit. I'd expect Friday to be a down day.

I sold some soybeans for $16.35 today. I have 23% of my bushels left to sell. Still have 50% of my corn to sell too. The other half I sold right off the field last fall. They will get some tomorrow for sure if we go up 20 cents.

I sold some soybeans for $16.35 today. I have 23% of my bushels left to sell. Still have 50% of my corn to sell too. The other half I sold right off the field last fall. They will get some tomorrow for sure if we go up 20 cents.

Cha-Ching

Sold Pfizer at $54…so far so good!View attachment 41602
Pfizer fell along with the broad market today. The cut-off headline is quite deceiving (unintentionally I'm sure). THe full headline is

Pfizer vaccine found to be less effective in preventing infection in very young children than older ones, as U.S. death toll tops 950,000​

Pfizer fell along with the broad market today. The cut-off headline is quite deceiving (unintentionally I'm sure). THe full headline is

Pfizer vaccine found to be less effective in preventing infection in very young children than older ones, as U.S. death toll tops 950,000​

You wouldn’t find it deceiving if you had a daughter under 12 in a state they are trying to force this on you. Less effective as in 12% effective.

I screen shot the price on my stock app didn’t even see the bottom … I didn’t realize a Pfizer board member was on this site. LOL

You wouldn’t find it deceiving if you had a daughter under 12 in a state they are trying to force this on you. Less effective as in 12% effective.
Yes I would. First, it is to be expected. We are even more cautious when it comes to the young. The dose is 1/3 of the adult dose and one would expect a lower immune response. This is more about finding the best dosage for kids. I know of no states mandating COVID vaccines for kids and I don't expect to ever see one. I saw noting in that article that provided a percentage for the efficacy in kids. I wasn't suggesting the actual headline was deceiving. I found the place the headline was cut-off to be deceiving.

I screen shot the price on my stock app didn’t even see the bottom … I didn’t realize a Pfizer board member was on this site. LOL

Yes, I assumed you were focused on the chart. That why I suggested is was probably unintentional, at least on your part. I don't own Pfizer and haven't owned it, or other individual stocks, for quite a few years now.

Thanks,

Jack

States mandate many vaccines for kids in public school and when they can figure out how to do it for the rona, expect to see that. Gee maybe it's not forced yet because they found it's only effective for like 17 hours.