All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slid steer auger

Yarg

5 year old buck +
Is anybody selling their skid steer auger I'm looking for 1 thanks

I would check Facebook market place i have seen quite a few on there or just rent one from your local equipment rental that’s what I do

sorry, cannot help you find one, but can maybe add some insight/advice here on them good luck, I looked for over 2 yrs for a nice decent used one, and never found one, or NOT at any deal

almost everyone selling a USED one wanted as much or darn close to exactly what a brand new one cost, and I looked at some that looked like they were abused pretty bad and owners still wanted top dollar
and worse yet, there are many different grades/quality of augers, then cheapo one's are just that cheap and don;t work or last long, so buying one of them used can be a ticking time bomb, that will end up costing you more $$ than having bought a new one!!

so, be careful any you find, do some research on quality before buying is my advice
I ended up buying a straight arm backhoe attachment, and rented a auger for what I needed,
renting won;t be perfect if you have lots of needs/uses for one, but it can get the job done till MAYBE you can find a deal on a used one!

I know I still look for one now and then,(been looking since 2017) but have yet to find any in a 150 miles of me, which would be even maybe in your area LOL
right ow, I am more looking for a mini skid steer stand up on model with an auger, as the few places I still need some holes for post are in between tree, and my larger machine doesn';t fit to use even if I find a full sized auger ! always a catch in things, Haha!