New skid steer and brush cutter

What state are you in? That's some interesting terrain.

What state are you in? That's some interesting terrain.
Thank you. I love it out there.

I’m in NW Texas. Down in the Pease River breaks. It’s beautiful country.

I have 2 miles of river frontage with the 140,000 acre Triangle ranch as my neighbor across the river.

I introduced Aoudad into this part of TX and they absolutely took to these canyons.

We have a few caves and grow some pretty good deer on years when it rains.
IMG_3235.jpegP1030107.jpegIMG_2258.jpegIMG_4855.jpegIMG_4853.jpegIMG_4845.jpegIMG_4838.jpegIMG_4859.jpeg

I have 2 miles of river frontage with the 140,000 acre Triangle ranch as my neighbor across the river.

I introduced Aoudad into this part of TX and they absolutely took to these canyons.

View attachment 61675View attachment 61676View attachment 61677View attachment 61670View attachment 61671View attachment 61672View attachment 61673View attachment 61674
Beautiful!

My dad shot an aoudad in NM back in the late 80's and he got a half body mount of it. We called it Oscar as in Oscar the Grouch because the thing stunk for two years.

Beautiful!

My dad shot an aoudad in NM back in the late 80's and he got a half body mount of it. We called it Oscar as in Oscar the Grouch because the thing stunk for two years.
Surprised it stopped stinking after only two years!

They have a very unique smell. I have actually smelled them before I saw them in the past. I can smell their beds sometimes too.

But, I love those sheep. Hands down the best introduced game animal in Texas.

View attachment 61675View attachment 61676View attachment 61677View attachment 61670View attachment 61671View attachment 61672View attachment 61673View attachment 61674

That’s out just west of Quanah, right? We drive through there on our way to Colorado a couple times every year. That is some BEAUTIFUL country out there!

You ever decide you have more critters than you can shoot, let me know. I’m only 2 hours and 45 minutes away. Hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s out just west of Quanah, right? We drive through there on our way to Colorado a couple times every year. That is some BEAUTIFUL country out there!

You ever decide you have more critters than you can shoot, let me know. I’m only 2 hours and 45 minutes away. Hahaha.

Yes sir. Just SW of Quanah.

It’s funny, the land you see from the road is flat and featureless farmland. You would never imagine what lies just 10 miles to the south. We have one cliff that is 120’ tall, but most are 30-60’ deep canyons.

Nice machine and cool caves! I got an orange one and the lifting power on it is incredible, have fun! 94146E13-062B-4D47-8B71-37774F5C9B78_1_105_c.jpeg

How do I get one? So jealous.

That is one beautiful area of the world as well. congrats.

Yes sir. Just SW of Quanah.

It’s funny, the land you see from the road is flat and featureless farmland. You would never imagine what lies just 10 miles to the south. We have one cliff that is 120’ tall, but most are 30-60’ deep canyons.

I work for an airline, and often see the breaks out the window on my descent into Love Field in Dallas. That is a magical place. That state park out there is GORGEOUS.

100% my thoughts as well. I have a JD 7800 and it is a great machine, but all I do is pick up stuff w it. Hay, dirt, gravel, pallet fork work etc. It pulls a plow and drill sometimes, but that’s it.

I’m selling it to pay for this machine. Skid steer > tractor for 95% of farm work.

I bought a smaller 8’ plow. The plan is to weld a hitch on the CAT and weld an axle w hydraulic cylinder to lift/lower it and I’ll be set to do smaller plots of 1-2 acres … in theory.

The ride isn’t as nice as a tractor, so we will see how this plays out.
I would hate to know I had to plow a few hours of maybe a couple days on a skid steer, every one I’ve ever used rides like a tank!

I would hate to know I had to plow a few hours of maybe a couple days on a skid steer, every one I’ve ever used rides like a tank!
For sure that would be a beat down. Even with the suspension these new CATs have, it’s not pleasant driving across a field.

Maybe I can trade skid steer work for tractor work from a neighbor. I don’t have many acres I need to plow anymore.

I couldn't live without my tractors. And I don't think I'd want to.

Congrats on the CTL and brush cutter purchase. Couldn’t do without the two on my place. I was somewhat in your neck of the woods last week - Wichita Falls. Shot pigs out of a chopper with these folks - porkchoppersaviation.com.

Congrats on the CTL and brush cutter purchase. Couldn’t do without the two on my place. I was somewhat in your neck of the woods last week - Wichita Falls. Shot pigs out of a chopper with these folks - porkchoppersaviation.com.
I gotta do that. My neighbor was doing that the other day. He said he had to book a year out to get a spot!

I built an attachment that has two hooks for a chain (to pick up stuff that forks or bucket isn’t best) and a receiver hitch to move trailers around. I can’t believe how much I use it.

Bought the receiver plate on Amazon. Good price and 1/2” steel.

And … I just bought a hydraulic screening bucket at auction. Screens sand and gravel apart. Or sticks rocks and trash out of soil.

I have a whole string of gravel quarries on my ranch. I’m looking forward to stacking up piles of rocks and gravel to use for roads and … I dunno, anything I want.

IMG_6577.pngIMG_6532.jpegIMG_6530.jpegIMG_6531.jpeg

Can’t believe how much I use this machine.