Blind moving trailer?

A boat trailer can get quite long in the woods.
Most smaller boat trails can be trimmed down with just a sawsall and 1/2" drill bit.

Bakance is important. Too much or little forward weight. This would be alot better if a tractor or truck can tow it.

Could likelymske 3 or 4 basic blinds for the price of a moving one. Once your concealed, bring a blanket to cover up. Cold solved.

Prefer shingle roofs over metsl quieter to hear things.

U-haul often has trailers you can rent for like 30 bucks a day. Rent one now, then build one with BIL.

Trailer prices have gotten ridiculous to buy.
I've rented uhaul trailers a few times. I can't believe what they charge to rent those. A total no-brainer. I wish they had flatbeds. I'd never own a trailer if I could rent one like that for those prices. I should also ask around the neighborhood. There are enough gear heads with SxS's and sleds, someone should have something.

My blinds are 2x3's wrapped in landscape fabric. They don't have a ton of bracing, so they have to be moved with some care so they don't fall apart. If I really got in a jam, I could always screw on some extra bracing for the moves too.

I've rented uhaul trailers a few times. I can't believe what they charge to rent those. A total no-brainer. I wish they had flatbeds. I'd never own a trailer if I could rent one like that for those prices. I should also ask around the neighborhood. There are enough gear heads with SxS's and sleds, someone should have something.

My blinds are 2x3's wrapped in landscape fabric. They don't have a ton of bracing, so they have to be moved with some care so they don't fall apart. If I really got in a jam, I could always screw on some extra bracing for the moves too.
So many people own trailers they use once a year. If you asked around I bet a ton of people would have one you could borrow.

It’s the reason I rent one or borrow instead of buy. To use twice a year then it sit around the rest of the time. And when you go to use it the tires would be flat or wood floor need to be replaced.

I could have bought an aluminum one 8 years ago for like 1200. I thought that was so expensive. Now they are like five grand. You live and you learn I guess.

So many people own trailers they use once a year. If you asked around I bet a ton of people would have one you could borrow.

It’s the reason I rent one or borrow instead of buy. To use twice a year then it sit around the rest of the time. And when you go to use it the tires would be flat or wood floor need to be replaced.

I could have bought an aluminum one 8 years ago for like 1200. I thought that was so expensive. Now they are like five grand. You live and you learn I guess.
I ran up to the local Acme Tool today to get a spark plug and some bar and chain oil. I swung over to the rental counter, and they have a 6x12 tilt flatbed that I can use for $50/day. That's good enough for me. That's about 5' more trailer than I need, but my trails are good enough to get that through. I will likely call off the whole project and just go that route for that price.

I also do not want any more tires and motors than I absolutely have to have.

P.S. My local Acme was giving away hooded sweatshirts at the parts desk. I knew I was a pretty big deal there, but apparently everyone gets one while supplies last.

Yeah, I would do some X bracing just to be safe. If you could get ahold of some UHMW plastic works as a slippery surface to slide easier. Same material they make slides for snowmobiles out of. I suppose there's no chance you could just build it where you want it?

Good news! This thread is now complete. The lumber yard 30 miles from me rents a 6x12 flatbed trailer for $43/day, 2" ball hitch.

Looks I've gotta do some trail inspecting this weekend to make sure I can get all the way through so I don't need to turn this thing around. I'll just pull all the way through to the other side.

I had planned to make some firewood from the trees I'm gonna take down to widen my trails anyway. I think I've still got an 8' 2x4 laying around that I can take with me to look for pinch points.

Any time i move anything like that , the deer freak out. Thats why i like fixed ground blinds.

Coukd get a climbing stand to keep around as a loaner.

I hste climbers. Seems to take forever for me to go up. Early am noise. Had the bottom piece drop to the ground twice.

Look around chridtmas and jsnuary for stands on clwearance.

Any time i move anything like that , the deer freak out. Thats why i like fixed ground blinds.

Coukd get a climbing stand to keep around as a loaner.

I hste climbers. Seems to take forever for me to go up. Early am noise. Had the bottom piece drop to the ground twice.

Look around chridtmas and jsnuary for stands on clwearance.
I do all my moving before labor day. I don't move anything once the season starts. If I wanna try something new, I sit on the ground.

Thats why you tie the bottom to the hand climber.Another hint is to start off with your bottom pointing up at a slight angle then it will be flat when you get up.

I do all my moving before labor day. I don't move anything once the season starts. If I wanna try something new, I sit on the ground.

SD…I switched from Redneck blinds to Antler Shed blinds and added two of these to the farm this year. One is permanent built on 4x4 posts.

The other is portable with a well thought out base on angled skids and heavy duty coupling to move from one area to another. Just hooK the tractor or UTV to it and drag to the next location. Steps with hand rail easily attach once in place.
IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0695.jpeg
IMG_0703.jpeg